Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bborzell

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 16, 2021
I have been using an AppleTV 4 with latest software update and it recently began to do an odd thing.

If I use the AppleTV app to launch Amazon Prime, Netflix or pretty much any other streaming service, I have no problem with throughput. Buffering is not an issue. I am averaging 10-12 Mbits.

But, if I launch AppleTV content from the AppleTV app, the shows stutter and buffer to the point where my wife gets up and leaves the room.

Anyone else experiencing anything similar?

Dockland

macrumors 6502a
Feb 26, 2021
Sweden
Not the slightest. Got my first Apple TV ever the other week and it works like charm. Gen 6 (or 4K gen 2 if you wish)

I'm on 1Gbit fibre thou with RJ45/TP connected directly to my router.

pmiles

macrumors 6502a
Dec 12, 2013
I have been using an AppleTV 4 with latest software update and it recently began to do an odd thing.

If I use the AppleTV app to launch Amazon Prime, Netflix or pretty much any other streaming service, I have no problem with throughput. Buffering is not an issue. I am averaging 10-12 Mbits.

But, if I launch AppleTV content from the AppleTV app, the shows stutter and buffer to the point where my wife gets up and leaves the room.

Anyone else experiencing anything similar?
When you say launch AppleTV content from the AppleTV app, do you mean from a device other than the AppleTV itself (such as a iPhone, iPad, computer)? If you are connected via ethernet to the AppleTV, you shouldn't have buffering issues unless the service is having issues. Usually buffering occurs when it's being accessed wirelessly.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.