Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Omek

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 6, 2003
Does anyone know the annual subscription Apple TV+ price total with taxes. It says $49.99, but I'm guessing there's some taxes. I'm helping my dad get an Apple gift card for my mom's birthday and not sure what I should put for a total. Should I make it about $52?

Cancelled
Apr 16, 2020
Does anyone know the annual subscription Apple TV+ price total with taxes. It says $49.99, but I'm guessing there's some taxes. I'm helping my dad get an Apple gift card for my mom's birthday and not sure what I should put for a total. Should I make it about $52?
The sales tax rate is based on which state you live in.

Royksöpp

macrumors 68020
Nov 4, 2013
I would not recommend the one year plan. You would be better off paying monthly. There simply isn't enough content to warrant a full year subscription.

Cancelled
Apr 16, 2020
I would not recommend the one year plan. You would be better off paying monthly. There simply isn't enough content to warrant a full year subscription.
If Apple TV+ is part of a mix with at least one other streaming service, it seems getting two months free over the monthly cost is worth it. Apple is still ramping up this service, so it doesn't have the back catalog as other services, but there's plenty worth watching on it. It sounds like a nice gift too.

Omek

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 6, 2003
If Apple TV+ is part of a mix with at least one other streaming service, it seems getting two months free over the monthly cost is worth it. Apple is still ramping up this service, so it doesn't have the back catalog as other services, but there's plenty worth watching on it. It sounds like a nice gift too.
Ya she actually got it for free for a year last year when my dad got her one of the new iPads. I get her shows for everything else. But she's been moping around telling us her subscription runs out in October. So she definitely enjoys it. My siblings and I got her the new Apple TV, so it's overall an Apple TV themed birthday. ?

Cancelled
Apr 16, 2020
Ya she actually got it for free for a year last year when my dad got her one of the new iPads. I get her shows for everything else. But she's been moping around telling us her subscription runs out in October. So she definitely enjoys it. My siblings and I got her the new Apple TV, so it's overall an Apple TV themed birthday. 😄
OK, that sounds very fun. I want to see the Apple cake!

Reactions: Omek

stephenschimpf

macrumors regular
Jun 15, 2018
San Pedro, CA

I'm in California, and I don't see any taxes on my receipts. It's $49.99 for a year of Apple TV+ (plus another free year thanks to T-Mobile!) and exactly $99 for a year of Apple Music.

Reactions: JBGoode

nutmac

macrumors 603
Mar 30, 2004
That depends on your taste. In the last 12 months, I think I watched at least some contents each month, with an exception of 1 or 2 months. I can't say the same for Netflix, where I watch perhaps 6 months out of last 12 months (my plan is subsidized by T-Mobile).

For me, I watch at least 1 content per week, currently See and Ted Lasso. The Morning Show is starting next week, Foundation a week later, and Dickinson 6 weeks later.

alexhardaker

macrumors 6502a
Sep 12, 2014
That depends on your taste. In the last 12 months, I think I watched at least some contents each month, with an exception of 1 or 2 months. I can't say the same for Netflix, where I watch perhaps 6 months out of last 12 months (my plan is subsidized by T-Mobile).

For me, I watch at least 1 content per week, currently See and Ted Lasso. The Morning Show is starting next week, Foundation a week later, and Dickinson 6 weeks later.
I agree with this. Over the last few months, I have barely touched Netflix. I cancelled it a couple of weeks ago because I haven’t heard about anything interesting to watch on it. I’m preferring Apple TV+ at the moment. Ted Lasso is amazing

Reactions: 0128672

ackmondual

macrumors 68020
Dec 23, 2014
U.S.A., Earth
For one person, this is his approach to AA (Apple Arcade). He doesn't really use it much anymore, but he subscribes to Apple One since he's into the ecosystem (MacOS + iPhone), and this doesn't cost him anymore than if he went without it, a la carte.

Omek

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 6, 2003
For one person, this is his approach to AA (Apple Arcade). He doesn't really use it much anymore, but he subscribes to Apple One since he's into the ecosystem (MacOS + iPhone), and this doesn't cost him anymore than if he went without it, a la carte.
Ya she ended up really enjoying it. She just got some new Pearl Export Drums upstairs and now she can have Apple TV upstairs and downstairs. I recommend everyone check out their local taxes though, because I set the gift card for about $53 or $54, and she still owed less than a dollar. So it was more than I anticipated. But the shows since that time have been good, and she's gotten a lot out of it. She even has Apple Music going now too, so she can have a playlist to drum to.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.