Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

grouch

macrumors 6502
Sep 20, 2011
New York
mine just arrived. i'm excited to start working on my software and i'm hopeful that other developers are willing to share their own beta software with the community for testing purposes.

Reactions: ifraaank

fishkorp

macrumors 68030
Apr 10, 2006
Ellicott City, MD
mine just arrived. i'm excited to start working on my software and i'm hopeful that other developers are willing to share their own beta software with the community for testing purposes.
That a really good idea. It's not like regular iOS development where it's easy to find testers yet.

SteveLV702

macrumors 6502
Oct 15, 2007
Las Vegas, Nevada
got mine and installed the tvOS beta and then hooked up to TV but now cannot figure out how or even if able to connect it to the Apple Remote app on iPhone or Apple Watch...

Also mine the main menu I got Movies, TV Shows, Photos, Settings, Computers and Search but no Music and none of the 3rd party content you would see on older AppleTVs such as HBO Now, etc.

fishkorp

macrumors 68030
Apr 10, 2006
Ellicott City, MD
got mine and installed the tvOS beta and then hooked up to TV but now cannot figure out how or even if able to connect it to the Apple Remote app on iPhone or Apple Watch...

Also mine the main menu I got Movies, TV Shows, Photos, Settings, Computers and Search but no Music and none of the 3rd party content you would see on older AppleTVs such as HBO Now, etc.
There are no 3rd party apps on it, even the ones that are on other generation Apple TVs. The purpose of the device is to test your own apps. There are threads about it on the Apple dev forums.

SteveLV702

macrumors 6502
Oct 15, 2007
Las Vegas, Nevada
Yes but had to unplug 3rd gen to plug this in as not enough HDMI Ports on tv and hard to get back there so rather not have to switch so was hopeful would still have the 3rd party's oh and I can't access the Apple Developer forums haven't been able to since first day they released iOS 9 Beta 1 I get a create account screen and no matter what username I put in it says "username is okay" and but when I click submit I get a error.. Ive sent several emails to Developer Support with no resolution and even filled a Bug Report with no response... So as of right now can't see those threads about it :-(

dgdosen

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Dec 13, 2003
Seattle
I got in the second round of TV SDK shipments - should get it in about a week:

Due to overwhelming demand, we’ve made more Apple TV Developer Kits available and you’ve been selected to receive one. Simply sign in with your developer account, agree to the terms and conditions, and submit your order by 5:00 p.m. local time on October 9, 2015.

You will be charged $1.00 USD (or in local currency) during the check out process to verify your billing address. Your item will ship within 1-3 business days and will be delivered via standard shipping for free. Please note that the billing address of the credit/debit card used to complete your order will be used as your shipping address. We do not deliver to P.O. Box addresses.

Best regards,

Apple Developer Relations​

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.