Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Joenat

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 9, 2017
Uk
Hope I am posting in the right place,I have just bought an iPad (new one)from John Lewis when I try to get the free Apple TV it only shows a 7 day trial,am I not entitled to the free 1yr.

Edd70

macrumors 6502
Feb 16, 2018
Try rebooting the app. I’m assuming you’re watching it on your new iPad.

Joenat

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 9, 2017
Uk
thanks for your reply got it working but very dissappointed all the films have to be paid for it seems.Now I need to know how to cancel the automatic renewal.

AZhappyjack

macrumors G3
Jul 3, 2011
Happy Jack, AZ
thanks for your reply got it working but very dissappointed all the films have to be paid for it seems.Now I need to know how to cancel the automatic renewal.

There are other threads on this topic. The free content is all Apple TV+ content. Unfortunately, the TV App is an aggregator, and some of the content (from other providers) is paid content. Apple really screwed the pooch with the whole TV app... it is difficult to navigate, and is a mis-mashed hot mess of confusion.
[automerge]1593612417[/automerge]

Last edited:

CTHarrryH

macrumors 68030
Jul 4, 2012
Agree with dwfaust - Amazon does that also and you have to have purchased the other providers subscription through Amazon for it to work - if you have purchased elsewhere no go.
Why do they just want to confuse people

Reactions: bousozoku

bousozoku

Moderator emeritus
Jun 25, 2002
Lard
Agree with dwfaust - Amazon does that also and you have to have purchased the other providers subscription through Amazon for it to work - if you have purchased elsewhere no go.
Why do they just want to confuse people

I have been looking at it for the past 30 minutes.

I have limited-commercial access to Hulu but I need to buy those again through Apple TV+ to watch those through an application. On Windows 10, Hulu has an application but it's not all that great.

I feel as though I need to design something good for Apple to steal, to make it easier to use. Why doesn't Apple have any visionaries?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.