Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ledzep1

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 24, 2016
Hi

I currently have an apple one sub (solo), I recently purchased a new iPhone that comes with apple tv + free for a year.

Do I have to cancel my apple one sub to get this offer?

Not something I really want to have to do so wondering how people go about getting the free year with a current sub, if thats even possible?

Thanks

almostinsane

macrumors 6502
Feb 9, 2008
You can only get 1 year free once with your Apple ID. Unless you created a new Apple ID and use the free offer with that one.

Reactions: ledzep1

ledzep1

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 24, 2016
You can only get 1 year free once with your Apple ID. Unless you created a new Apple ID and use the free offer with that one.

Thanks, I have never taken up this offer before, but it looks like to get it I would need to cancel my apple one sub, so I think I will just leave it and carry on with apple one as cant be bothered to mess around with that.

tivoboy

macrumors 68040
May 15, 2005
Apple TV+ has been the gift that keeps on giving. From a $99 ATV bought I think back in Oct 2019, the sub is still active till at least next month. I had my SO buy the new ATV4k’21 model and I’m going to have her activate it on her appleID account first, and think it should give a 1 yr. free sub.. at that point, she should be able to family share with me, and that’ll add another year. Maybe, not.

JSteele

macrumors regular
Mar 19, 2021
My account shows both a free apple tv + subscription active, a fitness plus 3 mo free sub and an Apple One premium Family active. So it looks like you can run free subs at the same time as you are paying for it. Kind of a bummer but wouldn't cancel my family plan just for free apple tv haha

One2Grift

Cancelled
Jun 1, 2021

bummer. I’m looking forward to Masters of the Air miniseries that tentatively looks to start around Feb/March. I thought any new device purchase extends it another year. So ATV+ will have my sub fee through that mini series. If I end up using AArcade beyond the 3 freebie months, maybe I’ll go A1.
Love the superb A/V quality of ATV+ but very few content items have been able to catch or keep my attention. This content type may be their aim or maybe Apple to needs to hire away a few Netflix or HBO people. A Sopranos or Boardwalk Empire or GOT or even a Last Kingdom/Vikings would be nice to see.

Nordichund

macrumors 6502
Aug 21, 2007
Oslo, Norway
Apple TV+ has been the gift that keeps on giving. From a $99 ATV bought I think back in Oct 2019, the sub is still active till at least next month. I had my SO buy the new ATV4k’21 model and I’m going to have her activate it on her appleID account first, and think it should give a 1 yr. free sub.. at that point, she should be able to family share with me, and that’ll add another year. Maybe, not.

It is not just one account that gets 1 free year, but according to the small print, JUST one household. My other half tried to sign up, but since we share the same address it would not grant her a free year. Good luck!

Reactions: tivoboy
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.