Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dandeco

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Dec 5, 2008
Brockton, MA
I KNEW this was going to happen, with Apple TV+ being the only place people can watch "A Charlie Brown Christmas"...

Sure, they offered it for free for a short period, but people without Apple devices are not gonna want to download and install the Apple TV+ app just to see that one special. There are many that would also rather watch it on live broadcast TV, as a time-honored tradition. But this is the first time in a long time the special is not airing ANYWHERE, and they are outraged.
Of course, I own it on Blu-Ray, alongside "It's Christmastime Again, Charlie Brown", "It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown", "It's Magic, Charlie Brown", "A Charlie Brown Thanksgiving" and "This is America, Charlie Brown: The Mayflower Voyagers", so I prefer watching them that way for the most part, but I still tuned into PBS's special airings of the specials in 2020 and 2021 to help the ratings.

Any comments/opinions?

FHoff

Suspended
Mar 21, 2020
Never understood the obsession with the entire peanuts universe. i never cared for it as a child nor adult.

Reactions: audiomixer

cthompson94

macrumors 6502a
Jan 10, 2022
SoCal
People just feeling entitled that for however many years it was available for free on air and so people made it their Christmas tradition. Well like Mollyc said, we have since moved to streaming and something as big as the Peanuts were going to to one of the streaming services.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.