Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

StumpyBloke

macrumors 603
Original poster
Apr 21, 2012
England
The bug which they fixed in 16.3 when using Siri (remote) to control devices through my Apple TV 4K 2022 has re-occurred with this latest **** show update 16.3.2. It now says "sorry I couldn't find anything like that in the living room in your home", or whatever device I'm trying to control in any other room. it's now taking up to 3 or 4 times for it to work.

Does anyone else have this issue? I've done all the usual troubleshooting. Thanks.

b17777

macrumors regular
Jul 14, 2008
St.Paul MN
I've never used my Apple TV remote for Siri. I wear a watch or my phone. Last week I started getting the "don't have any devices" response from my HomePod mini in my bedroom. On someones suggestion I looked, and at some point my hub switched from upstairs Apple TV to downstairs Apple TV as the hub. I unplugged both Apple TV's and the bedroom mini took mover as hub. Plugged back in both Apple TV's and everything worked seemingly faster.
After yesterdays updates my downstairs Apple TV took over as hub and everything is still working great.
Next time I get any issues I'll try forcing a hub switch again. It doesn't seem to matter what is the hub, only that I forced a change.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.