Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Lencon

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 28, 2015
I tried to spoof my location with Xcode for my Apple TV 4, with a blank app. As soon I did this my network connection dropped and showed an internal IP from the Apple TV (and not WiFi option, only ethernet). So, I hard reset it via iTunes and it still only gives me the option ethernet. Even when I plug it in it does not work and says 'no network connection found'. Also I am not able to set my ethernet up with my iPhone?

Does anyone have an idea how I can fix this? Or is it totally bricked.

Lencon

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 28, 2015
Maybe reboot your router...

Thanks for the answer. But I tried this, no success. The Apple TV does not give me the option to connect via WiFi and restricts me to ethernet - even though this does not work. I also tried to fill in my router details manually. But no success.. Seems like the Apple TV is not allowed to go on the internet.

QuarterSwede

macrumors G3
Oct 1, 2005
Colorado Springs, CO
I tried to spoof my location with Xcode for my Apple TV 4, with a blank app. As soon I did this my network connection dropped and showed an internal IP from the Apple TV (and not WiFi option, only ethernet). So, I hard reset it via iTunes and it still only gives me the option ethernet. Even when I plug it in it does not work and says 'no network connection found'. Also I am not able to set my ethernet up with my iPhone?

Does anyone have an idea how I can fix this? Or is it totally bricked.
By hard reset do you mean restoring it via iTunes?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.