Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

smalex1986@

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 7, 2015
So recently I've noticed that the Apple TV seems to be lowering the volume about 50% at random times. I verified that I do not have the reduced loud noises option checked. The issue seems to resolve itself when I restart the Apple TV box. I have tried testing other devices like my Blu-ray player which don't seem to have a problem. Has anyone seen this issue before? I have the fourth generation non-4K Apple TV and it's about 4 years old.

smalex1986@

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 7, 2015
It seems like this maybe due to using the Siri remote voice search. I am able to reproduce this several times after doing the voice search and it seems to keep the volume in a lower volume mode indefinitely. It's like it gets stuck in the low volume mode. If I bit the voice search a few more times that resolved the issue. Has anyone ever seen this happen before?

Last edited:

smalex1986@

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 7, 2015
I've only noticed this behavior for the last couple of weeks, I wonder if it is a software bug.

Garage Battle

macrumors regular
Aug 31, 2007
Orlando, FL
Same issue as well. This is definitely a bug - thought it was my stereo receiver doing it.

I would watch a youtube video for 5-8 minutes and then BLAM loud ass volume

Garage Battle

macrumors regular
Aug 31, 2007
Orlando, FL
Seems to be related to using Siri to do a search for something. Turn siri off / dont use the mic.

Remember this when you see Tim Cook on some talk show or bleeding his heart out for DACA recipients or some crap - mail app doesnt work on iOS13 / push isnt doing anything / no notifications. dudes got time to galavant around and earn his society points hes got time to walk down to the iOS room and start slapping people.

Reactions: Itinj24

seadragon

Contributor
Mar 10, 2009
Same issue as well. This is definitely a bug - thought it was my stereo receiver doing it.

I would watch a youtube video for 5-8 minutes and then BLAM loud ass volume

I've been experiencing the same thing for a couple of months now. The volume starts off low. Watching a YouTube video and suddenly the volume jumps back to normal.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.