Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

collij12

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 26, 2019
I currently have Apple TV my buddy who’s anApple enthusiast like myself bought a Firestick he’s saying it has more to offer anyone out there feels the same?

mallbritton

macrumors 65816
Nov 26, 2006
If you like being spied on, then sure, A Firestick offers more options. If you value your privacy, then the Apple TV is the way to go.

I seriously doubt there are any major apps available for the FireTV that aren't available for the Apple TV.

Reactions: BODYBUILDERPAUL

BODYBUILDERPAUL

Suspended
Feb 9, 2009
Barcelona
Being honest Apple TV has way more app options than the Firestick. Really not sure why any Apple enthusiast would buy a Firestick - that's like a Mac owner buying a cheap HP laptop!

Reactions: mallbritton

se95dah

macrumors regular
Dec 30, 2014
We’re an Apple household with both Apple TV and a fire stick. I find Apple TV a much better experience for all legitimate apps. I think the popularity of the fire stick is all about kodi and the naughtiness that can be unlocked with it.

Reactions: decypher44

winstars

macrumors regular
Dec 10, 2015
Being honest Apple TV has way more app options than the Firestick. Really not sure why any Apple enthusiast would buy a Firestick - that's like a Mac owner buying a cheap HP laptop!

BBP, your posts are always so helpful to us all but I have DISH NETWORK and the DISH ANYWHERE app is not available on my Apple TV's... I travel and have been forced to travel with both Firestick and ATV 4k because with the DISH ANYWHERE app, I can access my own DVR at home and watch every channel and DVR'd program as if I was home. This app is available via iOS but its easier not to tie up my phone etc to watch TV...
The DISH ANYWHERE app, because I am accessing my own system, has none of the geo-blocking issues you sometimes run into when traveling the world. I totally would not own a Firestick if not for this issue...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.