Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gadget123

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Apr 17, 2011
United Kingdom
I assume you can only view iCloud Photos and shared albums and not iPhone camera roll? Reason is I share with family in other rooms so I assume only gives access to music and films rather than notes or photos ect?

HobeSoundDarryl

macrumors G5
If you want to view ALL photos- including those on your Mac that are not taking up iCloud space, use the (orange icon) Computers app that comes stock on every AppleTV and turn on home sharing to share all photos (or just select albums) you like with AppleTv...

ComputersAppSharing.jpg

The Choose button next to that entry will let you select specific photo albums or all photos. No iCloud or iCloud subscription required.

IMO: Computers (app) is also the BEST app for your own music collection, your own movies, TV shows and home movies too. It's often overlooked but probably BEST for owned media. For my FAM, it's the second most used app on AppleTV.

Last edited:

-Gonzo-

macrumors 65816
Nov 14, 2015
You can only access iCloud Photos (and iCloud Shared Photo Library) through the tvOS native app
Doesn’t My Photo Stream show your entire camera roll?

IMG_2909.jpeg

Edit: Actually nevermind that function ceased in July, a bit odd to still have it as an option 🤷🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️

HobeSoundDarryl

macrumors G5
If frozen on AppleTV, pull the plug, wait about 30 seconds, plug it back in.

If frozen on Mac, force quit the app and reopen. If it freezes again, restart the Mac and try again. If it freezes again, hold down the option key as you click the Photos app icon and then choose your photos library. If none of those work, reply back and we can go deeper.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.