Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

m5comp

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 19, 2018
NW Alabama, USA
I tried to sign up for Apple TV+ this morning, only to find that debit cards were not acceptable. My debit card has a MasterCard logo on it, so I don't understand why I was not allowed to use it. Not everybody has a credit card.:mad:

danny842003

macrumors 68000
Jun 6, 2017
I tried to sign up for Apple TV+ this morning, only to find that debit cards were not acceptable. My debit card has a MasterCard logo on it, so I don't understand why I was not allowed to use it. Not everybody has a credit card.:mad:

that’s not right as I don’t have a credit card linked and I’m subscribed up.

Reactions: Justanotherfanboy

mallbritton

macrumors 65816
Nov 26, 2006
As suggested, it may be an issue with your card. My form of payment for my iTune Store account is also my debit card. You might want to call your bank.

m5comp

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 19, 2018
NW Alabama, USA
This morning it did say that a debit card was not acceptable. I guess I was trying too early; I just signed up and the payment method is the PayPal account I use with the iTunes Store and Apple Music.

tivoboy

macrumors 68040
May 15, 2005
I have itunes credit and a paypal account linked - that hasn't worked in 2 years and it let me sign up.

Reactions: gridlocked

2010mini

macrumors 601
Jun 19, 2013

apple tv+ payment is paid with to your Apple iTunes account.You can use iTunes gift cards for that. Not sure why your debt card is not working.... probably due to your bank.

Herrpod

macrumors 6502a
May 29, 2019
For those of you who dont know (and live in the US), iTunes credit regularly goes on sale for 15 - 20 percent off. Buy the credit, put it on your account, and then use that credit to subscribe to services like Apple Music, Apple TV, Hulu, Disney+ etc. It's an easy way to save money, and Apple manages your subscriptions for you, so if you only want a month of Hulu, you sign up through Apple and then in your subscriptions you tell Apple to turn the service off after a month.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.