Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sas76

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 10, 2006
Australia
I am not sure if I am just a little slow, but there seems to be some screen shots from apple TV in the latest Domayne (Australia) brochure.
http://www.domayne.com.au/.

I think the most interesting image is what appears to be a games icon and different user profiles.

Again this might already be known but it caught my eye.

It looks very good if the images are correct.

Cheers
Shane

Anonymous Freak

macrumors 603
Dec 12, 2002
Cascadia
I really doubt a random housewares store would have images other than those Apple has already released.

And where do you see anything like a 'games' icon or multiple profiles? Page 19 shows the same screenshot as on the cover, and doesn't show anything of the sort. (Unless you've seen a different brochure than what is on their website.)

ezekielrage_99

macrumors 68040
Oct 12, 2005
I am not sure if I am just a little slow, but there seems to be some screen shots from apple TV in the latest Domayne (Australia) brochure.
http://www.domayne.com.au/.

I think the most interesting image is what appears to be a games icon and different user profiles.

Again this might already be known but it caught my eye.

It looks very good if the images are correct.

Cheers
Shane

It is an Apple iTV promo on the TV in the catalog Domayne has just published, there's also a "Apple iTV Coming soon" tag on it as well. Page 19 of the catalog also has a 1/2 page spread for the Apple TV.

sas76

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 10, 2006
Australia
If you have a close look (it is much easier to see in print version) The icons are home, photo's, music, movies, games (left to right on the screen). Again this is the first images I have seen.

Have a look at page 17

Chris Bangle

macrumors 6502a
Apr 3, 2006
UK
If you have a close look (it is much easier to see in print version) The icons are home, photo's, music, movies, games (left to right on the screen). Again this is the first images I have seen.

Have a look at page 17

isnt that a ps3

Josh396

macrumors 65816
Oct 16, 2004
Peoria/Chicago, IL
As others have said, page 17 isn't the AppleTV. On page 19 they do have a half page dedicated to it, but I think thats the PS3 screen on page 17.

Anonymous Freak

macrumors 603
Dec 12, 2002
Cascadia
Page 17 is most definitely a PS3. You can even see the PS3 just to the right of the TV, and the PS3 controller on the table at the lower-left. On page 16 is the ad for the PS3 itself. (Freakin' hell!!! $999!?!?!? That's $780 USD at current conversion rates!)

For confirmation, here is a Google Images search for PS3 menu. You can see that almost every result looks exactly like page 17. By comparison, Apple's site for the AppleTV clearly shows a screen that matches the picture on page 19 of the ad. No 'Games' to be seen.

pdambra

macrumors newbie
Mar 18, 2007
hi everyone

I work for Domayne. Firstly we aren't a random homewares store. We have complete ranges of electrical and computing products, including dedicated Apple stores in each of our locations. We won Apple's ASC retailer of the year in 2006.

The photos on front cover and on page 19 have been supplied by Apple for us to use. Page 17 is defintely a Playstation 3 screenshot of their cross-media bar which is an awesome interface replicating some of the great things Apple have done.

PS3 has an RRP from Sony of $999 for Australia with conversion differences due to Australian shipping/tax/landed costs/market volumes etc being diff to O/S.

Apple TV will be available in all our locations very soon and demonstrated in-store within our Mac stores and electrical departments to showcase it. We are also anticipating TV Show and Movie downloads to be available based on some of the rumours we are hearing about in the industry and from O/S.

There has also been rumours of mini-games being made available similar to the ones you can download for Ipod from iTunes.

Paul

Anonymous Freak

macrumors 603
Dec 12, 2002
Cascadia
What a weird store. Maybe I'm missing something, but why would you buy electronics at a furniture store? :confused:

Because it isn't just a furniture store.

We have similar stores in the U.S., too. (Heck, here in the Pacific Northwest of the U.S., we have an 'everything' store chain called Fred Meyer that carries groceries, housewares (including furniture,) clothes, electronics; just about everything.)

QuarterSwede

macrumors G3
Oct 1, 2005
Colorado Springs, CO
Because it isn't just a furniture store.

We have similar stores in the U.S., too. (Heck, here in the Pacific Northwest of the U.S., we have an 'everything' store chain called Fred Meyer that carries groceries, housewares (including furniture,) clothes, electronics; just about everything.)
You mean like Wal*Mart!? *sound of being shocked* ;)

Anonymous Freak

macrumors 603
Dec 12, 2002
Cascadia
You mean like Wal*Mart!? *sound of being shocked* ;)

More like the newer 'Super Wal-Mart' that includes a grocery store. I was living outside the Pacific Northwest when Super Wal-Mart's started opening, and was amazed by the incredible amount of attention they got. I was like "What's the big deal, we've had these for decades?" (And I haven't yet seen a Wal-Mart with a real hardware department or garden department.)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.