Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

acousticbiker

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 28, 2008
Over the last week or two, every time I open TV+, the screen blanks out and says 'Signing out...'. I am still on my free year but it shows I can sign up for a 7 day trial.

My Apple ID is listed in Settings under Accounts and force closing the TV+ app or restarting the ATV itself do not seem to help.

What I do now is click through the 7 day trial process and it eventually acknowledges I'm a already a subscriber but the next time I launch the app the same thing happens.

It only happens on my ATV HD, not on my ATV 4K nor on my iPhone or Mac. I am sharing with my family but we don't really watch that often - is there a screen number limit that I'm hitting?

Anyone else having this able to fix it?

MiamiBourne

macrumors regular
Jan 26, 2009
I’m having an issue where only on the Apple TV that it says I need to sign up when I’m already subscribed. I also have movies that I’ve bought and they don’t show in the library tab. These all work on my iPhone and iPad though and I have to use Airplay or screen sharing with the Apple TV...Not sure what happened recently and if it was update related.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.