Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mosher

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 16, 2013
Germany/Ukraine
so just a week or so ago Sony released update with ATV+ app. What i noticed so far a lot of subtitles are just not displayed on the screen when chosen. I also have an Apple TV and there same show display subtitles as intended, no problems. Only Problem my Apple TV is not 4k.
Moreover ATV+ app on Sony already crashed twice. I never had that before with any other app.

Did anyone experience similar problems?

pmiles

macrumors 6502a
Dec 12, 2013
I'm confused... you have an AppleTV box and are using the AppleTV+ App that is on your TV? Why? The App doesn't require the device to run AppleTV+. Disconnect the AppleTV box and use the App on your TV or skip the App on your TV and use the AppleTV box.

AppleTV+ will ALWAYS perform better running from the AppleTV box directly.

mosher

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 16, 2013
Germany/Ukraine
I'm confused... you have an AppleTV box and are using the AppleTV+ App that is on your TV? Why? The App doesn't require the device to run AppleTV+. Disconnect the AppleTV box and use the App on your TV or skip the App on your TV and use the AppleTV box.

AppleTV+ will ALWAYS perform better running from the AppleTV box directly.
my apple tv box is not 4k. so all content it plays is not 4k and no dolby vision. so i use an Apple TV+ app on my TV, but its buggy

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.