Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Eric Idle

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 4, 2020
I keep reading how Apple TV+ now has soccer and MLB. I looked through EVERY single entry in the Apple TV app (TWICE) on my Mac and cannot find for the life of me where the hell Apple hides this stuff. The interface for Apple TV+ is an appalling sh!tshow of abject lunacy.

I remember when Apple used to be ALL about interfaces and making them intuitive and human. Damn those days are looooong gone.

Reactions: ADHWGT and Basic75

Lifeisabeach

macrumors 6502
Dec 4, 2022
I keep reading how Apple TV+ now has soccer and MLB. I looked through EVERY single entry in the Apple TV app (TWICE) on my Mac and cannot find for the life of me where the hell Apple hides this stuff. The interface for Apple TV+ is an appalling sh!tshow of abject lunacy.

I remember when Apple used to be ALL about interfaces and making them intuitive and human. Damn those days are looooong gone.

Truer words have not been written. The same goes for the Music app. It's only slightly less awful.

Reactions: ADHWGT

mallbritton

macrumors 65816
Nov 26, 2006
Hm. This is what I see on the Home Screen of my ATV app on my Mac.

1691857084942.png

Reactions: madeirabhoy

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
I'm not a fan of Apple TV+'s interface, but since I have that Apple One subscription, I use it. I definitely saw a marked improvement in their Friday night's baseball between last season and this season. I couldn't watch games last year, the announcers were beyond horrible and they just didn't know what they were doing. This year its a much better experience.

I tried watching some of the series on apple tv+ So far none has grabbed me, this is not to say that their offerings are inferior, I don't generally watch much of anything, so its more of my lack of preferences then what apple offers.

jz0309

Contributor
Sep 25, 2018
SoCal
I’ve had 2 free trials, no compelling content for me.
I do use the app as I have hundreds of movies (ripped and iTunes) and the UI SUCKS, worst on iPhone when you go to the store and you have to read gray font on black background, just awful

Eric Idle

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 4, 2020
There are no baseball or MLS channels anywhere in my Apple TV app. At all.

What a worthless pile of trash the Apple TV app is.

BaldiMac

macrumors G3
Jan 24, 2008
Perhaps the OP could provide a screenshot of what they see, assuming that they actually want help. MLS and Friday Night Baseball are pretty easy to find. MLS has its own tab on Ventura. Maybe they have an old version of macOS?

FreakinEurekan

macrumors 603
Sep 8, 2011
LOL- if someone could show me how NOT to see soccer and baseball, I might actually see the stuff worth watching instead.

Reactions: owidhh

MacMan2013

macrumors regular
Jun 7, 2023
I actually think it's a pretty good interface, but then again it's tv shows and movies I watch on it, not sports. The interface is far better than Amazon Prime or Paramount, with probably only Disney+ with its convenient themed sections being more user friendly. The only problem with Apple+ is the relatively limited amount of content compared to other streaming services.

mallbritton

macrumors 65816
Nov 26, 2006
That's under the MLS-specific tab and you have to scroll down a little to get to that specific section. You can even see the scroll bar in your screen cap showing this. The TV app is much much MUCH bigger than this.
yes, I had scrolled down a little. I'm not trying to hide anything. But that screen cap was taken on the Watch Now tab of my TV app on macOS. Not on the MLS tab.

Reactions: madeirabhoy

Eric Idle

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 4, 2020
I've had it with Apple. The TV app is just pathetic. Not only did I cancel Apple TV+, but my entire Apple One subscription. Now I'm up on Spotify and Hulu. Sure, I don't get MLS, but I didnt get it on Apple either. 5 different people could not help me find MLS on the Apple TV app on my Mac.

Apple, it just works!

Expos of 1969

Contributor
Aug 25, 2013
I've had it with Apple. The TV app is just pathetic. Not only did I cancel Apple TV+, but my entire Apple One subscription. Now I'm up on Spotify and Hulu. Sure, I don't get MLS, but I didnt get it on Apple either. 5 different people could not help me find MLS on the Apple TV app on my Mac.

Apple, it just works!
When subscribed to Apple TV+ either alone or under Apple One, you were unable to find any reference to MLS when on your Mac or iPad? Did you delete the app and reinstall? A few days ago I did not have a subscription to Apple TV+ or Apple One yet I was able to see the MLS sections. I now have an Apple One subscription and I am able to subscribe to MLS should I choose to do so. Did you contact Apple Support?

Lifeisabeach

macrumors 6502
Dec 4, 2022

Apple, it just works!

Where do you live? Maybe it's just not available in your region?

Eric Idle

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 4, 2020
Then there must be another explanation. Behind a VPN? iCloud payment account set to another country? On an older version of the ATV app?
Nope, nope, my Mac is up to date.

Doesn't matter anymore, I've canceled Apple One and Apple TV+. Not interested anymore.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.