Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mac2thefuture

macrumors 65816
Original poster
May 15, 2007
Lancashire, North West, UK
Hi and sorry if this has been posted before, infact I know it is somewhere but I don't know how to use this search facility???

When o when will films be available to the UK market? Anyone know

SpaceMagic

macrumors 68000
Oct 26, 2003
Cardiff, Wales
The problem is no one knows. I think somewhere Jobs did state sometime in 2008 though but I too am waiting for films! Especially rental.

steve bate

macrumors member
May 23, 2008
Buy a US store iTunes voucher (if you dont find yourself in the US very often there are tons on fleabay) set up a new account with the voucher (good to use a .com email address) you dont need to enter a credit card number, all you need is a US zip code (90210!!)

Voila, HD rental!!

Steve

Fergster

macrumors newbie
Jan 30, 2008
I have to second Steve's suggestion. I've had one for a while now and it's like having a totally different device. My bedroom ATV is logged into the UK store and it's pretty low on offereings.

However, the living room ATV is signed into the US store and I have movie rentals/purchaes and oodles of TV shows available to me. The best part is that any purchases are available in the bedroom once the living room has synched with my main Mac.

I bought one of the many iTunes vouchers available on ebay and it's pretty straight forward to set up the account. The key thing is to put in a full US address when setting the account up.

Ferg

nick9191

macrumors 68040
Feb 17, 2008
Britain
Yeah I need to do this, get songs for 50p each as well.

Can't they tell where your coming from by your IP address.

northy124

macrumors 68020
Nov 18, 2007
No they don't care, they still get money but only bother to get the music as TV Shows & Movies are cripe quality.

drummerlondonw3

macrumors 6502a
Feb 10, 2008
London
No they don't care, they still get money but only bother to get the music as TV Shows & Movies are cripe quality.

Thanks for the tips - I have got a voucher from ebay so I will report back with my experiences -

what you say about the qualty northy - is it different to the uk store's? I would have thought that it would be the same the world over?

Thanks

d:apple:

BoyBach

macrumors 68040
Feb 24, 2006
Today's Times is reporting that Apple have reached an agreement with four movie studios to start selling, and renting, movies through the iTunes store in the UK.

The studios are Disney, Paramount, Twentieth Century Fox and Warner Brothers and the prices will be "on a par with DVDs."

It also notes that Lions Gate and MGM are close to agreeing a deal.

However, it doesn't give a date for the introduction of the service.

reidjr

macrumors member
Sep 19, 2007
Today's Times is reporting that Apple have reached an agreement with four movie studios to start selling, and renting, movies through the iTunes store in the UK.

The studios are Disney, Paramount, Twentieth Century Fox and Warner Brothers and the prices will be "on a par with DVDs."

It also notes that Lions Gate and MGM are close to agreeing a deal.

However, it doesn't give a date for the introduction of the service.

It is expected canada is aslo part of this agreement.

kolax

macrumors G3
Mar 20, 2007
Can't they tell where your coming from by your IP address.

Yes they can.

Reason they allow it (I reckon..) is so if you are travelling, you can still use your home iTunes Account and buy from there, even though you aren't in the country at present.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.