Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

benboy12

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 5, 2014
Hi All,

Does anyone know if there is a way to remove shows from the "up next" section of Apple TV. I know this is populated based on TV shows you have watched or started watching. The issue is that when I use Hulu, it will sometimes start another show after the show I am watching has finished. This has caused my Up next to be populated by shows I don't watch. I know there is an option to clear your entire play history. However, I would like to keep some shows, just not all of them. Any suggestions?

efp722

macrumors regular
Jan 21, 2008
Philly
If you go to the actual TV app and scroll down to where it says "up next" you can hold down on the trackpad and an option will come up to remove from up next

I have the opposite problem. Some shows don’t appear anymore. I’m watching LOST and the Apple TV app wouldn’t update my position; it would be stuck showing me episode 4 when I was on episode 10. I would have to sit there and mark each episode played to get it current but then it would still never update. Then I got fed up and hit the “remove from up next” option thinking that next time I watch the show it would update to my true position. But I now it’s just totally gone.

Anyone know how to re-add shows to up next?

verniesgarden

macrumors 65816
May 29, 2007
Saint Louis, Mo
Hi All,

Does anyone know if there is a way to remove shows from the "up next" section of Apple TV. I know this is populated based on TV shows you have watched or started watching. The issue is that when I use Hulu, it will sometimes start another show after the show I am watching has finished. This has caused my Up next to be populated by shows I don't watch. I know there is an option to clear your entire play history. However, I would like to keep some shows, just not all of them. Any suggestions?

theres also a setting in HULU to turn off autoplay

Zimmy68

macrumors 68000
Jul 23, 2008
I like the idea of Up Next, I just wish there was a way to continue watching instantly.

For instance, I was watching the movie Bourne Legacy then switched to something else.
I turned on the AppleTV later and in the Up Next was Bourne Legacy, which is great.

When I click on it, I expect it to resume right where I left off.
What does it do?

It goes to the Bourne Legacy movie menu where I have to press resume.
Then another button over a black screen, resume or start over?
Then finally the movie.

I understand the logic involved if I am launching the movie from my library and haven't watched it for awhile.
I just wish it would forgo all that on Up Next.

Reactions: Hermes Monster

A_M_F

macrumors newbie
Sep 23, 2019
Canada
I’m not sure if this topic is still relevant, but I found a solution that fixes the ‘up next’ issue.

I have the Apple TV 4K and this works for me: 1) go to ‘settings’ on the home page; 2) click on ‘apps’; 3) click on TV, that’s listed in in ‘app settings’; 4) scroll down to the bottom and click on ‘clear play history’. This gets rid of everything that shows up in ‘up next’ on the home page. I found that you can also delete some stuff one by one, but it’s not easy to do, especially if you don’t have the app installed any more.

I hope this helps! ?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.