Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Daniel97

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 6, 2011
Am I right in thinking that no matter how many users I have set up on Apple TV the apps that are shown appear to everyone?

For instance I have 2 children, both have iCloud accounts and are in family sharing.

On my Apple TV, if I log into either of those accounts, they still see the same apps I see (some of which are not age appropriate).

Any way of limiting what they can see?

Thank you in advance

fwmireault

Contributor
Jul 4, 2019
Montréal, Canada
They will see all the same apps regardless, but some apps like the Apple TV app will filter the content based on the active profile. But most of them do not support the feature, so for apps like Netflix, you have to use their own internal profiles.

It's unfortunate, but the Apple TV users implementation is not very comprehensive

Reactions: Daniel97

Daniel97

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 6, 2011
Thank you kindly! - Understood and as it appears to be. In essence, Apple TV profiles are useless at present ..

-Gonzo-

macrumors 65816
Nov 14, 2015
Thank you kindly! - Understood and as it appears to be. In essence, Apple TV profiles are useless at present ..
Currently for the most part profile selection is for keeping your Up Next list/watch history separate within the atv app.

Reactions: Daniel97
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.