Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

GadgetGeek407

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 26, 2009
florida
I jailbroke 2 Apple TVs in december and have bought this one in february and tried to jailbreak the same way using season pass but iTunes says apple tv cannot be restored this device isn't eligible for the requested build. whats up with that? when I plug it into the tv FC doesn't show up on the bottom yet when I check general and about it says 4.4.4? can someone please help me? is there something I missed or messed up? I need an untethered jailbreak like i have done before but doesn't seem to be working

GadgetGeek407

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 26, 2009
florida
i have 4.4.4 on apple tv and when i use the steps below in windows since it doesnt work on mac, in ifaith it gets to where it detects ios and says "unknown ios detected on this device...aborting" when it clearly has 4.4.4 what the heck is wrong with this thing all i wanna do is jailbreak?

GadgetGeek407

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 26, 2009
florida
when I tried to restore atv2 to 4.4.4 in iTunes before doing anything else it says The Apple TV "apple tv" could not be restored. this device isn't eligible for the requested build.

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

GadgetGeek407

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 26, 2009
florida
I have had two brand new apple tv 2 brand new in box and iv had the SAME EXACT problem with both i doubt both are bad out of the box....

i have tried to simply restore to 4.4.4 iv tried to follow the directions to dump the ssh and it stops at detecting the iOS on both what the heck am i doing wrong or the directions on every site are wrong or missing something or are both apple tv brand new out of the box bad?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.