Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bluerap

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 28, 2013
Is there a reliable Jailbreak for ATV3? I have seen new info on the net, but nothing verified.

Carlanga

macrumors 604
Nov 5, 2009
No Jailbreak for ATV3 and do not even expect it.

Lol not really. New jb new opportunities.

-----

TS, so far nothing. We will have to wait and see if they can use the new stuff for it. So far the people that do it for atv are testing on atv2 then they might try and see what happens on the atv3

macornomac

macrumors 6502
Jun 25, 2007
No a new jailbreak is coming for appletv2. Might as well as go buy a 2 and throw away the 3. There will never ever ever ever be a jb for the 3. Ever ever.

TheSlimOne

macrumors regular
Jun 19, 2010
I airplay to my Apple TV3 from my MBP. For some reason it works much better than just running the JB ATV2. That one always want to jam up when I run it straight. If I airplay to it, it seems to run better. I makes me want to sell it and get a couple more ATV3's

winterny

macrumors 6502
Jul 5, 2010
I will second that opinion. At this point, I just airplay everything to my ATV3.

With Beamer.app, you can play pretty much any format, even most MKV and MP4 files.

Works way better than JB on my ATV1/2 ever did.

Carlanga

macrumors 604
Nov 5, 2009
Why? If the exploits work on the 2 why wouldn't it work on the 3?

They can't find an injection vector for it. So maybe we will see something after they finish with atv2 they will see what can be done.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.