Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

B/D

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Mar 30, 2016
Bit by bit that little black box is imrpoving

One day .... it will rule them all , Watch out Sony !!!

It already does in my opinion. No other box, for example, does dynamic and framerate matching as smooth and hassle free as the Apple TV.

The UI is clean, no ads, is very fast...

ScrumpyDaniel

macrumors 6502
Apr 15, 2019
Well.. Did not expect this! Brilliant news, looking forward to seeing how it is!

Agree with @B/D regarding the Apple TV. Easily the best box on the market. However since getting my HomePods i've never been able to get the audio to sync up when match frame rate is on despite using the audio calibration. So I have to have it off and match range on which is a shame, but a price I have to pay for good audio haha.

• Love
Reactions: Aves and B/D

B/D

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Mar 30, 2016
Well.. Did not expect this! Brilliant news, looking forward to seeing how it is!

Agree with @B/D regarding the Apple TV. Easily the best box on the market. However since getting my HomePods i've never been able to get the audio to sync up when match frame rate is on despite using the audio calibration. So I have to have it off and match range on which is a shame, but a price I have to pay for good audio haha.

Maybe try to disable all the post processing picture settings of your tv, such as motion interpolation, or try the "Game Mode" preset if available.

No issues on my LG OLED with all the post processing turned off in the settings.

ScrumpyDaniel

macrumors 6502
Apr 15, 2019
Maybe try to disable all the post processing picture settings of your tv, such as motion interpolation, or try the "Game Mode" preset if available.

No issues on my LG OLED with all the post processing turned off in the settings.

Yeah, I use game mode which eliminates everything, but it still gives me sync issues with match frame rate annoyingly. I have an LG 4K but not OLED. Do you do the wireless audio calibration? If so did you do it before turning on match frame rate or after? I'd love to use match frame rate but I've tried countless times to no avail :(

Looking forward to the enhanced dialogue however! Glad their supporting it with the OG's!

Reactions: B/D

B/D

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Mar 30, 2016
Yeah, I use game mode which eliminates everything, but it still gives me sync issues with match frame rate annoyingly. I have an LG 4K but not OLED. Do you do the wireless audio calibration? If so did you do it before turning on match frame rate or after? I'd love to use match frame rate but I've tried countless times to no avail :(

Looking forward to the enhanced dialogue however! Glad their supporting it with the OG's!

Never did the calibration because I never had the need to do so. Always perfectly in sync for me, even before the home theater mode was introduced.

Try to do the wireless audio calibration for every frame rate manually ( for example do it for 60hz, then change the output to 50hz do it again, then change it to 24fps, then do it again...)

That should fix it. Run the calibration for every frame rate with frame rate matching off and then when finished turn it on again.

As for the enhanced dialogue feature, I´ve heard is quite the game changer. Not only the pods have louder dialogue with it enabled, but apparently a louder maximum volume in general without distortion, which is great for content mixed at a low volume.

Reactions: ScrumpyDaniel

ScrumpyDaniel

macrumors 6502
Apr 15, 2019
Never did the calibration because I never had the need to do so. Always perfectly in sync for me, even before the home theater mode was introduced.

Try to do the wireless audio calibration for every frame rate manually ( for example do it for 60hz, then change the output to 50hz do it again, then change it to 24fps, then do it again...)

That should fix it. Run the calibration for every frame rate with frame rate matching off and then when finished turn it on again.

As for the enhanced dialogue feature, I´ve heard is quite the game changer. Not only the pods have louder dialogue with it enabled, but apparently a louder maximum volume in general without distortion, which is great for content mixed at a low volume.

I'll give it another go. Have tried countless times with every frame rate etc but has never synced up properly with MFR on. I even raised a support ticket with Apple 2 years ago about it. I have mine set to 50hz as I'm in the UK but i'll try it again.

The enhanced dialogue does sound good. To me this sounds the biggest upgrade since the ATV 4K supporting ARC/eARC in 2021 with the HomePods which was an absolute game changer for me!

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: B/D
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.