Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dxmac99

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 24, 2013
Is there a way to make a device that is logged in but not trusted, so any notification and verification will not be sent to that device?

sbailey4

macrumors 601
Dec 5, 2011
USA
Is there a way to make a device that is logged in but not trusted, so any notification and verification will not be sent to that device?
I believe you remove it from your Appleid account once logged in. Scroll to devices and it should be listed there with an option to remove.

dxmac99

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 24, 2013
I believe you remove it from your Appleid account once logged in. Scroll to devices and it should be listed there with an option to remove.

If it is removed from the list, then it will log out automatically. It seems like Apple decides to make it all or nothing.

The concern is, if someone gets hand on the logged in device (logged in device is always trusted), and happens to figure the apple id password out, he/she can then get the authentication code on the very same device. I would think there should be an option to allow some devices just logged in but not fully "trusted".... but it does not seem to work.

Reactions: xoAnna

sbailey4

macrumors 601
Dec 5, 2011
USA
If it is removed from the list, then it will log out automatically. It seems like Apple decides to make it all or nothing.

The concern is, if someone gets hand on the logged in device (logged in device is always trusted), and happens to figure the apple id password out, he/she can then get the authentication code on the very same device. I would think there should be an option to allow some devices just logged in but not fully "trusted".... but it does not seem to work.
If I recall, if you dont trust it always it only works until you log out. Like iCloud for example, you authenticate a session but dont trust it always, and you are in doing what you want. If you log out you have to go through the process again next time you log in.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.