Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

G5isAlive

Contributor
Aug 28, 2003
thanks for sharing.... I am not surprised someone is already doing this. Lot of bright people out there! I hope they figure out a way to build in eye control.

Reactions: nfl46

nfl46

macrumors G3
Original poster
Oct 5, 2008
You’re welcome. I hope you guys enjoy it! It’s been great thus far.

Reactions: G5isAlive

Night Spring

macrumors G5
Jul 17, 2008
FYI, another dev is working on a similar app.

I'm glad multiple devs are working on this, and I wish them luck!

mghiggins

macrumors newbie
Sep 13, 2011
Hi - not sure where else to post this - but a tech support conundrum...

I just bought the AVP Teleport app, but can't get it to work. I installed the server app on my mac, and the AVP app (same version, 1.5.326). I ran the mac app and approved the two permissions needed (I just double checked them). Both are on the same WiFi network.

Now the mac app shows "awaiting connection", and then AVP app shows nothing in Discovered Displays. What should I try next?

mghiggins

macrumors newbie
Sep 13, 2011
Hi - not sure where else to post this - but a tech support conundrum...

I just bought the AVP Teleport app, but can't get it to work. I installed the server app on my mac, and the AVP app (same version, 1.5.326). I ran the mac app and approved the two permissions needed (I just double checked them). Both are on the same WiFi network.

Now the mac app shows "awaiting connection", and then AVP app shows nothing in Discovered Displays. What should I try next?
Ah - I restarted my AVP and the connection worked.

Though the app performance is really quite laggy for me - even with a single display, when I move the mouse, it takes about a second for the move to show up in the virtual display window. I cranked the bandwidth to max but it's still a problem. Is there a way to improve this?

Reactions: Macaholic868
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.