Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

david.olstein

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 28, 2016
I've been using my Apple Vision Pro headset for a little over a week. So far I've mainly been using it to watch movies and listen to Dolby Atmos tracks on Apple Music. I've been very impressed so far not just with the picture quality but also with the sound. The built in speakers on the APV sound surprisingly good. So good that I really haven't felt the need to switch over to my Beats Fit Pro earbuds or my Apple Airpods Max headphones. And I'm not just talking about movie soundtracks. Dolby Atmos tracks on Apple Music sound much more immersive to me using the AVP's built in speakers. I've never been particularly impressed with spatial audio on my Airpods Max headphones. But now, with the AVP, I finally get the sense that I'm experienceing Dolby Atmos the way the content creators intended.

But . . . as good as the AVP's built-in speakers are, they can't reproduce low bass - at least not to my ears. So I wish there were a way to augment the bass by pairing the AVP with, say, a pair of HomePods. I currently have a pair of HomePod speakers positioned to the left and right side of the couch I sit on when viewing movies on my AVP. So this type of feature would be perfect for me. Granted, the HomePods aren't able to reach subwoofer level depths. But they still handle bass pretty good for wireless speakers and I think having that additional octave or so of bass would significantly improve the already good audio from the AVP's built-in speakers. Is there any reason why it wouldn't be technically feasible for Apple to add an audio setting that would allow you to use HomePods in tandem with your AVPspeakers, re-routing just the low-end audio information to the HomePods?

Reactions: Kierkegaarden
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.