Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tigercraig

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 20, 2015
Hong Kong
Just wondering if anybody on here and I lives in Australia have the AVP yet?
I was in Los Angeles on Sunday 4th Feb and booked a demo at Apple store The grove for Monday and had a demo. I was so impressed I bought one on the spot and I’m now using back in Queensland.

Kierkegaarden

macrumors 68020
Dec 13, 2018
USA
Just wondering if anybody on here and I lives in Australia have the AVP yet?
I was in Los Angeles on Sunday 4th Feb and booked a demo at Apple store The grove for Monday and had a demo. I was so impressed I bought one on the spot and I’m now using back in Queensland.
Congrats — I’m not from Australia, but not sure if it will officially be launched in your country even this year, so good thinking. Any issues with any apps not working or viewing video content?

tigercraig

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 20, 2015
Hong Kong
No issues with it. I’ve had a US iTunes account since 2006 so I am able to download apps. Even in Apple Store they asked me if I had a US account and offered a solution if I didn’t

gerald.d

Cancelled
Oct 20, 2007
No issues with it. I’ve had a US iTunes account since 2006 so I am able to download apps. Even in Apple Store they asked me if I had a US account and offered a solution if I didn’t
Are you able to purchase US content for the Disney+ app?

tigercraig

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 20, 2015
Hong Kong
As far as I can tell Australian content is very close to US content but I guess you can use a VPN and then try and get IS content

gerald.d

Cancelled
Oct 20, 2007
As far as I can tell Australian content is very close to US content but I guess you can use a VPN and then try and get IS content
Thanks for the prompt reply.

Ok that is interesting - so the Vision Pro exclusive content (3D, with environments up and running) is available to you without needing to resort to using a VPN?

HDFan

Contributor
Jun 30, 2007
Yes and I downed some movies from Disney+ and watched them on the flight back home on Wednesday

Given that flights to Australia are some of the longest in the world how long were you able to use it? Extra batteries? Able to keep it charged with ports on the plane?

Tanim19

macrumors newbie
Feb 21, 2024
I used a power bank when battery needed charging. I only used AVP for around 5 hours on a 14hr flight
I really want to buy this from Kogan as thats the only way to get it in Australia.. but everyone keeps saying US apple id which is easy i guess but some says its not going to be fully functional outside US. How true is that? would you recommend buying it now from kogan? or wait another 6-8 months to arrive in Australia apple store😌

tigercraig

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 20, 2015
Hong Kong
I really want to buy this from Kogan as thats the only way to get it in Australia.. but everyone keeps saying US apple id which is easy i guess but some says its not going to be fully functional outside US. How true is that? would you recommend buying it now from kogan? or wait another 6-8 months to arrive in Australia apple store😌
I have had a US Apple ID since 2006 so I have had no issues using it to its full capability. When I was in US Apple Store I heard the sales guy tell a guy from UK to buy a US itunes card and set up a US Apple ID and then he would be able to download the apps he wanted to use. Obviously you need to buy a US iTunes card and they can be bought digitally from here

Tanim19

macrumors newbie
Feb 21, 2024
I have had a US Apple ID since 2006 so I have had no issues using it to its full capability. When I was in US Apple Store I heard the sales guy tell a guy from UK to buy a US itunes card and set up a US Apple ID and then he would be able to download the apps he wanted to use. Obviously you need to buy a US iTunes card and they can be bought digitally from
I think I can manage US apple id or itunes card as my friends live there. So is everything else compatible/functional? Would you advice to buy(US version) now?

Last edited:

Tanim19

macrumors newbie
Feb 21, 2024
I think I can manage US apple id or itunes card as my friends live there. So is everything else compatible/functional? Would you advice to buy(US version) now?

tigercraig

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 20, 2015
Hong Kong
Yes everything works fine I’m very happy with it….. I bought thev512gb version and also the traveling case and an extra battery ( in case something happened to the original battery before its released in Australia) so with USA saLes tax it was close to $7k AUD

Reactions: Tanim19

gerald.d

Cancelled
Oct 20, 2007
I have had a US Apple ID since 2006 so I have had no issues using it to its full capability. When I was in US Apple Store I heard the sales guy tell a guy from UK to buy a US itunes card and set up a US Apple ID and then he would be able to download the apps he wanted to use. Obviously you need to buy a US iTunes card and they can be bought digitally from here
Just a heads-up. No need to use any third parties.

Link your credit/debit card to your Apple Pay account on the US account (doesn’t matter where the card is registered, it can be done).

Then, go to the Apple Store app (not the App Store app), and you can buy US iTunes credit for whatever value you want and have the card emailed to you.

Then you can redeem the credit on your US account.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.