Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Abazigal

Contributor
Jul 18, 2011
Singapore
Its like the title says. Apple Vision Pro is completely sold out in NYC. I look for in store pick up and it says its sold out at every store in every size and capacity.
I was listening to a podcast (Magic Rays of Light) and one of the hosts was talking about how he wanted to replace his light seal, and the size he opted for (21w) was all sold out and he had to wait a couple of weeks for a new one to be shipped to him.

It's still early days, but it does look like the vision pro is enjoying some degree of popularity and success.

jqc

macrumors 6502
Jun 30, 2007
Doesnt really mean anything. Stock changes day to day, always does for all products, especially around launch, iPhone is a good example. When i went to pick up my order at the 14th Street Apple Store on launch day the store was no busier than usual and the store employee confirmed they had stock for walk ins. When i went to return, i asked if they had stock and they said yeS.

AdonisSMU

macrumors 604
Original poster
Oct 23, 2010
If that's still the case in 3 months it will be a significant statement.
It would. However its Mac Prices and Macs dont sell out ever. Most Apple products dont remain sold out for 3 months. I was in the gym lockerroom and people were telling they tried to get AVP and couldn’t because it sold out. I decided to do a check myself to see if they were bs-ing. 🤷🏾‍♂️

AdonisSMU

macrumors 604
Original poster
Oct 23, 2010
I know y’all are invested in the Apple is failing narrative. The truth is the product is sold out in nyc and Apple is selling them as fast as they can make them. Even randos on Reddit are pointing out this morning that the Apple Vision Pro is in fact sold out in NYC.

Eugr

macrumors regular
Dec 3, 2018
Given that Apple doesn’t sell it internationally, I suspect it’s out of stock because NYC is the easiest destination to an international buyer, at least those who are based in Europe.

HDFan

Contributor
Jun 30, 2007
Right, but where will you reposition the goal posts then?

When judging sales the first question to ask are what are the numbers after the initial release surge purchases have been made. I arbitrarily picked 3 months as the time that the surge purchase are completed.

What is unusual for this product is that it is supply constrained so can't use the usual comparisons, such as with iphones which are only initially and under some special circumstances supply constrained.

After that then you look at lead times for orders.

Once those numbers drop to just days then you start looking at the number of countries with availability

Reactions: arkitect

Zest28

macrumors 68020
Jul 11, 2022
Its like the title says. Apple Vision Pro is completely sold out in NYC. I look for in store pick up and it says its sold out at every store in every size and capacity.

People in NYC make a lot of money, so it shouldn't be a surprise that the Apple Vision Pro would do well here.

Reactions: Executor and klasma

Tdevilsg

macrumors regular
Jan 23, 2021
Maybe check the different space sizes if you haven't already. The 256 was sold out ahead of me originally getting it, but the 512 was available everywhere. Not sure if that ever changed.

AdonisSMU

macrumors 604
Original poster
Oct 23, 2010
Maybe check the different space sizes if you haven't already. The 256 was sold out ahead of me originally getting it, but the 512 was available everywhere. Not sure if that ever changed.
I checked all three strage capacities before posting.

AppleWes

macrumors 6502a
Oct 9, 2013
I'm not trying to be in the 'negative camp' but sold out status means absolutely nothing about popularity of a product without knowing how many actually sold per store. Did each store receive 5 or 500?

Happens with all popular items- take a look at Stanley cups 😂😉

sdynak

macrumors newbie
Jan 8, 2024
Not too far from NY city here in NJ by me there are currently 9 stores that have the 256 available along with quantities in other sizes.

Check zip code 08002 if you are looking.

Does not appear to be sold out everywhere. If you want one, seems you should be able to get it easily.

Edit:

Checked NY also and see many stores have available?

Screenshot 2024-02-19 at 7.58.13 PM.png

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: gerald.d and klasma

AdonisSMU

macrumors 604
Original poster
Oct 23, 2010
Not too far from NY city here in NJ by me there are currently 9 stores that have the 256 available along with quantities in other sizes.

Check zip code 08002 if you are looking.

Does not appear to be sold out everywhere. If you want one, seems you should be able to get it easily.

Edit:

Checked NY also and see many stores have available?

View attachment 2351069
i looked several days ago

Reactions: sdynak

Josh Puetz

macrumors newbie
Jan 29, 2021
Sturgeon Bay, WI
There are two components to checking stock at local stores: which capacity model of AVP, and which light seal. For example if a store has the 1TB model in stock, but not the 21W light seal you're checking for, the Apple app will report that store is out of stock.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.