Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

robgreene

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 12, 2008

This is, for me, the most jaw-dropping potential use case for the Vision Pro to date. Not an F1 fan, but could totally see myself getting in to it with something like this to help me follow.

This also has me thinking: most of the focus has been on the high price of the AVP compared to other "similar" devices. But maybe we've had it all wrong... maybe they've made something so phenomenally better than these other devices, that it will allow developers to create things they simply couldn't with other devices... and once these things have been in the wild for a bit for developers to really maximize their apps' potential, we may see more "WOW" applications like this go from concept to reality.

(But yes, let's still make the next one smaller and lighter, haha)

dasjati

macrumors regular
Sep 24, 2020
Totally. It becomes very compelling as soon as we leave the concept of “windows” for content behind. That has always been my main interest with this technology. Microsoft has shown some of that with HoloLens. Apple has a big opportunity here if they commit to this for the long haul.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.