Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

fmalvar

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 21, 2020
Hey, there MacRumors community!

So, my Apple Watch keeps Restarting over and over. All I can see is the Apple Logo and black screen. I tried draining all the battery, as soon as I plugin and it starts, it keeps this cycle of logo -> black screen -> logo -> black screen. I'm out of ideas :(

Thanks in advance for the help!

BugeyeSTI

macrumors 604
Aug 19, 2017
Arizona/Illinois
Were you having any battery issues before the boot loop started? If not maybe you should try unpairing the watch and re-pairing the watch to your phone or a complete restore.. I found an article on how to do each

Reactions: fmalvar

fmalvar

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 21, 2020
Were you having any battery issues before the boot loop started? If not maybe you should try unpairing the watch and re-pairing the watch to your phone or a complete restore.. I found an article on how to do each
Thanks for your help :) unfortunately, I can't access my Apple Watch in any way, it's just stuck on that boot loop. I have unpaired from the iPhone.

waw74

macrumors 601
May 27, 2008
you can try a force restart,
press and hold both the crown and the button for at least 10 seconds.

if you messed with it during an upgrade, including taking it off the charger, there is a chance it might need professional help. Schedule an appointment at your closest apple store, or call them.

Reactions: fmalvar

fmalvar

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 21, 2020
you can try a force restart,
press and hold both the crown and the button for at least 10 seconds.

if you messed with it during an upgrade, including taking it off the charger, there is a chance it might need professional help. Schedule an appointment at your closest apple store, or call them.
I tried to force restart but no luck. I will call them.
Thanks for your help :))

haralds

macrumors 68030
Jan 3, 2014
Silicon Valley, CA
I am in the same situation with my Apple Watch One, which had a refreshed battery three years ago. It's my backup to my Watch 5 running fine for 10-12 hours still. Looping to show the clock and immediately restarting.

This was likely triggered by my action changing a dial complication.

ColdCase

macrumors 68040
Feb 10, 2008
NH
Interesting. My trusty series 2 seems to be doing something similar over the past day. I wear it at night and the newer one during the day. Yesterday when I was swapping watches for the night, the series two showed a orange low charge screen, so I'm thinking it was not set on the charger correctly. Unusual as it usually takes a couple days to run down the battery. I put it back on the charger and got the connected tone. In the morning it was showing the restart icon. It restarted for near an hour but eventually booted and showed near full charge. So I started to wear it, and put the newer watch on the charger. An hour later, when I checked the time for the third time, it was showing the reboot icon again. I put it on another charger and eventually it booted and indicates 45% charged and charging. In the mean time the newer watch recharged without issue.

Seems to be a few of these instances posted over the past few hours, perhaps the expiration of daylight savings expires these older watches? :) Or perhaps the watch battery has worn. I don't have automatic updates enabled.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.