Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AGamble

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 21, 2013
Am I right in thinking if you want a SS with a leather band you'll need to buy the SS and band separately as Apple no longer ship them out the box?

£650 + £150 isn't too far off Hermes pricing.

Buran

macrumors 6502
Oct 22, 2007
Yep. A lot of the bundles disappeared a few months back. I'm going to wind up with a duplicate white sport band from the look of things since that's now the only option, other than the Milanese (already have one that came with the series 0) if you want a bright silver stainless case.

I'll either sell the band by itself or sell it with the series 0 if no one in my family wants the watch.

AGamble

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 21, 2013
Yep. A lot of the bundles disappeared a few months back. I'm going to wind up with a duplicate white sport band from the look of things since that's now the only option, other than the Milanese (already have one that came with the series 0) if you want a bright silver stainless case.

I'll either sell the band by itself or sell it with the series 0 if no one in my family wants the watch.

That's so not cool.

So if you want a classic design with a leather band which is suited for work attire you're looking at £800.

The Hermes with the additional faces, higher quality leather band and orange sport band comes in at £1150...So £350 more.

It makes the Hermes seem like good value lol.

Buran

macrumors 6502
Oct 22, 2007
True, but the sport band probably doesn't add that much to the cost of the watch. So your best bet is to do what I plan to do - get the sport band version, then ditch the band if you don't have a duplicate or are pretty sure you won't use it occasionally.

I do agree that it's annoying, though. I would have bought a sport loop package if they were offered with the stainless case. Instead, I ordered a sport loop separately (comes in later this week).

I've considered a Hermes, but in my case the price doubles and the band I'd prefer to go with is 42mm only. I own a 38mm and 42mm is too big for my wrist.

Reactions: AGamble

AGamble

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 21, 2013
True, but the sport band probably doesn't add that much to the cost of the watch. So your best bet is to do what I plan to do - get the sport band version, then ditch the band if you don't have a duplicate or are pretty sure you won't use it occasionally.

I do agree that it's annoying, though. I would have bought a sport loop package if they were offered with the stainless case. Instead, I ordered a sport loop separately (comes in later this week).

I'm thinking of going for the Hermes. £1150 for a smart watch is extortionate though and difficult to justify.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.