Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

LennyFL

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 10, 2012
I just came from the Verizon store and they advised that if you pay monthly for an Apple Watch Series 4 on your Verizon Wireless bill they will give you 150 off.

I've checked the web site and nothing on it yet. They said it would not be posted until Friday.

Anyone found anything better?

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
I definitely would want to know if there is any type of interest added on if it’s not paid off under a certain time frame?

The Apple Watch is the one device I would not want to make monthly payments on, and I imagine it’s just another way to put the consumer in a position to make monthly payments, likely alongside their iPhone as well. I’m not saying this is not a ‘Good deal’, but to each their own on that specific Offering from Verizon.

Reactions: ronkuba

tromboneaholic

Suspended
Jun 9, 2004
Clearwater, FL
I definitely would want to know if there is any type of interest added on if it’s not paid off under a certain time frame?

The Apple Watch is the one device I would not want to make monthly payments on, and I imagine it’s just another way to put the consumer in a position to make monthly payments, likely alongside their iPhone as well. I’m not saying this is not a ‘Good deal’, but to each their own on that specific Offering from Verizon.
I suspect that if this is accurate, the discount is in the form of monthly bill credits over 2 or 3 years of payments, so that paying it off early or (more likely) switching to another carrier would cancel the credits and erase much of the discount.

Bill credits have become the new subsidy. "No contract, but you don't get the credit we offered if you cancel service before time is up."

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
Bill credits have become the new subsidy. "No contract, but you don't get the credit we offered if you cancel service before time is up."

Right, which led me to my second part of my post saying it’s just ‘another thing’ to finance, aside from an iPhone already likely already being financed. I can understand financing an iPhone, because it’s far more expensive in today’s Tech era, but the Apple Watch been quickly how it depreciates, is the one device I would want to upgrade annually without financing it. But I understand to take advantage of the discount, that’s the stipulation carriers want to lock the customer into.

Last edited:
Reactions: tromboneaholic
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.