Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iAdamator

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 10, 2013
South San Francisco, CA
Hey all,
I realize before I even post this that no one will likely be able to help me with this, at least not yet. But I still wanted to mention it.

I was looking through the online manual for the Apple Watch which is already updated for series 4. In particular I was looking at all the available Watch Faces and it lists all the complications each watch face can use. What I found interesting, or maybe I should say distressing, is that for both the new infograph and modular infograph watch faces, it does not list Podcast as a complication you can add! This is the app I use the most on my watch by far and I was shocked to see the new watch faces apparently can't display a complication for it!

I wonder why they would leave it off?

I'm hoping this is just an error but it very well may not be. I was really looking forward to the infograph watch face because I thought I could have all the complications I use on a single face. Sadly that may not be the case now.

If this turns out to be true, it's lessened my excitement for the Series 4.

iAdamator

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 10, 2013
South San Francisco, CA
Yeah that’s what has been confirmed from other people as well. No podcast complications or mail or messages among others on the new infograph watch face. Completely baffling.

My only theory is they didn’t include them because they aren’t very “informational”. The podcast one is just a shortcut to the app essentially. It doesn’t present any information. Not that they couldn’t update it to do so. Maybe show a progress circle like the music complication does.

Last edited:

MartyTannen1981

macrumors member
Sep 22, 2017
I totally agree! One of the biggest fails I can imagine. I have so much space and most of the Apps doesn't work in the new faces. That makes no sense because I can choose them in the other faces. There are missing so many complications. Like the home App (WTF!?!?) and so many others. And when I choose two countdown clocks it also makes no sense because when one is running, the other starts too...
I cannot control my lights, nothing...

So disappointing!!!

iAdamator

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 10, 2013
South San Francisco, CA
I totally agree! One of the biggest fails I can imagine. I have so much space and most of the Apps doesn't work in the new faces. That makes no sense because I can choose them in the other faces. There are missing so many complications. Like the home App (WTF!?!?) and so many others. And when I choose two countdown clocks it also makes no sense because when one is running, the other starts too...
I cannot control my lights, nothing...

So disappointing!!!

What do you mean by 2 countdown clocks? Two timers? I don’t think you could ever do two at once.

MartyTannen1981

macrumors member
Sep 22, 2017
@iAdamator: Yes, thats what I meant. Of course that is also the same in the other faces. But know I can see the time running. So it makes sense to set different timers. One for the nudles and of for the rest, you know. But they both run when you start one of them...

And I forgot: you can choose many favorite contacts...these are also no "informations"...so why is the selection so

GC251114

macrumors 6502
Jul 28, 2015
Not a great workaround , but if you have one of your contacts on either of the Infograph faces , if you press there’s the option to send a message. This however does not allow an an unread message count on the complication if they send & you don’t read. So if you get iMessage from say 2 or 3 regular contacts , a quick fix may be to add them to the watch face. This obviously doesn’t solve anything when anyone else messages you.

MacGiver

macrumors 6502a
Aug 12, 2007
France
Hi all,

I just received my AW4 an I have lots of complications missing on new watch faces... such as WeatherPro for instance. When I select previous faces they are showing up.

Did I miss something? Is that a bug????

Thanks
X

Reactions: Mjg6377

MacGiver

macrumors 6502a
Aug 12, 2007
France
This is ridiculous!!! Apple marketing guys are simply dumb! Please give the choice to choose any complication we like whatever the face is. Otherwise I think I’ll go back to my AW3!!!

j-a-x

macrumors 68000
Apr 15, 2005
Houston, Texas
I love the new infograph modular face, but I am wondering if anybody else has noticed that while it's possible to set the timer as a complication, there's no stopwatch complication in this view. Does anybody know if this is a bug or if there is a workaround? I find having the stopwatch view as a complication very useful so I can see how much time is elapsed in the stopwatch at a glance.

Reactions: NetMage

mrklaw

macrumors 68030
Jan 29, 2008
No alarm either which seems a much bigger omission.

Generally the two infographic faces have significant limitations on available complications - many third party ones not supported

GC251114

macrumors 6502
Jul 28, 2015
So no alarm , no messages , no timer & no email.

So basically just the ones the promo shot shows ?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.