Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

FUNKhouse

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 9, 2021
Hi

This morming I took a fast swim with my Apple Watch 4. When I noticed in just some seconds I had the watch in my wrist, I saw the screen on and Siri asking me for an order. After that, the screen went off. I ran out of the swimming pool and I tried to wake it with no success. Pressing the side button, it buzzed twice, but the third time it did nothing. After drying the watch, I tried many combinations (press both button and crown, just button...) and even charge it; the first minutes charging the watch went really hot, but now (still charging) it's cold again, but still not working.

Any ideas? Did I spoil it?

I doesn't have any warranty nor protection plan at this time.

FUNKhouse

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 9, 2021
Thanks for your help @firedept ! Sure I will try as soon as possible (my nearest Apple Store is more than 100 miles away). Yesteday I was still charging it "just in case" and the watch was very cold. Today I tried again and now it went hot again, not super hot as when I tried the firts two times but definitely hotter than usual. Let's hope something's going on inside of it!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.