Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Parsec

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 24, 2007
N53 E004
My screen came off on its own. Never used it in water. Never even wore it in the shower. It's just out of the 2 year EU warranty. Apple suggested to send it in to a certified service location at the cost of a new one! Suggested that if I take it there personally that the repair cost could be significantly lower. I'm just very disappointed about this whole thing.

Battery doesn't seem swollen. Any good kits I can purchase to repair this? I know iFixit has a kit, but I've had some very bad kits from them in recent years, so I stopped buying from them.

Anybody else have this happen to them?

Jackbequickly

macrumors 68020
Aug 6, 2022
Usually it means the battery is swollen and pushed the screen off of the watch body. It does not take much as there is zero extra room in the watch.

Reactions: Parsec

Parsec

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 24, 2007
N53 E004
Usually it means the battery is swollen and pushed the screen off of the watch body. It does not take much as there is zero extra room in the watch.
I will check that. Would it then not be apparent when I try to put the screen back on? It looks like I could just glue it back on

Reactions: Jackbequickly
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.