Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MrP90

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 21, 2017
Florida
I normally wear a Solo Loop size 7. I recently picked up a Apple Watch Ultra with Medium Alpine Loop (green). For a relaxed fit , I have the clasp going thru the 7th loop from the top, its pretty tight if I placed in the 6th loop but bearable. The 7th Loop places the clasp directly opposite side of my wrist from the watch. Is this the correct fitting band or did I need to side smaller? I am checking before I get the Orange version of this loop. Let me know, thank you!

SAMtheGAM

macrumors 6502
Mar 18, 2011
I normally wear a Solo Loop size 7. I recently picked up a Apple Watch Ultra with Medium Alpine Loop (green). For a relaxed fit , I have the clasp going thru the 7th loop from the top, its pretty tight if I placed in the 6th loop but bearable. The 7th Loop places the clasp directly opposite side of my wrist from the watch. Is this the correct fitting band or did I need to side smaller? I am checking before I get the Orange version of this loop. Let me know, thank you!
In 45MM Solo Loop I wear a Size 8 and 45MM Braided Solo Loop I wear a 7. I got the Alpine Loop in Orange size S and it fits on my wrist perfectly. The only difficulty I have is getting my hands to go through the loop.

Reactions: Boardiesboi

MrP90

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 21, 2017
Florida
In 45MM Solo Loop I wear a Size 8 and 45MM Braided Solo Loop I wear a 7. I got the Alpine Loop in Orange size S and it fits on my wrist perfectly. The only difficulty I have is getting my hands to go through the loop.
Ok , thank you ! Do you think the other two ultra styles would be ok in small as well ?

Boardiesboi

macrumors 601
Sep 3, 2013
Sydney Australia
I normally wear a Solo Loop size 7. I recently picked up an Apple Watch Ultra with Medium Alpine Loop (green). For a relaxed fit , I have the clasp going thru the 7th loop from the top, its pretty tight if I placed in the 6th loop but bearable. The 7th Loop places the clasp directly opposite side of my wrist from the watch. Is this the correct fitting band or did I need to side smaller? I am checking before I get the Orange version of this loop. Let me know, thank you!
I had the same issue with size S and i wear a size 5 solo loop.

I was also on the 7th slot from the top and the clasp is at the bottom centre of my wrist. My hands barely fit through the watch when I try and put it on and the clasp is always banging against the watch.

I returned the watch combo and the size S loop. Still waiting to pick up a size M as they’re all out of stock here in Australia.

MrP90

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 21, 2017
Florida
I had the same issue with size S and i wear a size 5 solo loop.

I was also on the 7th slot from the top and the clasp is at the bottom centre of my wrist. My hands barely fit through the watch when I try and put it on and the clasp is always banging against the watch.

I returned the watch combo and the size S loop. Still waiting to pick up a size M as they’re all out of stock here in Australia.
Ok, I tested the small Alpine loop and had the same issue as you, its too small lolol (could hardly get hand thru)

vapourtrails

macrumors regular
Jul 18, 2016
I bought the Small Alpine as that what was in stock at the store. I have to have it completely open to get it over my hand but then it fits ok. Medium seemed to double up more on my wrist when attached. My wrist is 160mm.

Last edited:

cannono

macrumors 6502a
Oct 21, 2014
Size up in Alpine. If it’s too tight to fit your hand through, you’ll likely start banging the hook on the case to open it fully. I fit a Medium but went up to Large and now it’s easier to get on, and the hook no longer sits exactly on the underside of my wrist scraping my MacBook.

Boardiesboi

macrumors 601
Sep 3, 2013
Sydney Australia
Ok, I tested the small Alpine loop and had the same issue as you, its too small lolol (could hardly get hand thru)

Size up in Alpine. If it’s too tight to fit your hand through, you’ll likely start banging the hook on the case to open it fully. I fit a Medium but went up to Large and now it’s easier to get on, and the hook no longer sits exactly on the underside of my wrist scraping my MacBook.
So I replaced my size S with size M and the size M alpine loop does fit better and the clasp is not at the bottom of my wrist anymore. It pushes the loop you need to hook onto by 2-3 slots. And it’s easier to take on and off without banging against the watch

Attachments

• 4982EE98-31A3-481C-AB53-E98E1653C41F.jpeg
    4982EE98-31A3-481C-AB53-E98E1653C41F.jpeg
    375.3 KB · Views: 2,786

RabidMacFan

macrumors 6502
Jun 19, 2012
California
So I replaced my size S with size M and the size M alpine loop does fit better and the clasp is not at the bottom of my wrist anymore. It pushes the loop you need to hook onto by 2-3 slots. And it’s easier to take on and off without banging against the watch

i prefer the clasp to be on the bottom of my wrist.

I marked the hook slot I use most often with permanent marker. When I exercise, I usually make it one tighter. When I sleep, I make it one looser.

CyberDavis

macrumors 6502
Sep 26, 2022
I marked the hook slot I use most often with permanent marker.
My OCD and anxiety really kicked in reading that, the thought of deliberately marking my Alpine loop never occured to me and is not an option!!😂😂😂

I guess I am fortunate that the hook slot fall in the right place for me, I get reliable heart rate readings and its comfortable.
But whatever works for people is good.😀👍

RabidMacFan

macrumors 6502
Jun 19, 2012
California
My OCD and anxiety really kicked in reading that, the thought of deliberately marking my Alpine loop never occured to me and is not an option!!😂😂😂

I guess I am fortunate that the hook slot fall in the right place for me, I get reliable heart rate readings and its comfortable.
But whatever works for people is good.😀👍
It’s just a small line where the hook goes in. It’s covered in 2/3 off the positions. It just saves time putting on my watch.

but yes, I definitely hesitated before doing it. wish i had thought of a less destructive way.

Reactions: CyberDavis

antKampino

macrumors newbie
Jan 2, 2023
Hi. I am 160-165 mm, and I was considering L size to keep the hook as close to the watch as possible, but I tried M size and I was on the 4th loop from the watch. Do you think L may be to big for me?

vapourtrails

macrumors regular
Jul 18, 2016
Hi. I am 160-165 mm, and I was considering L size to keep the hook as close to the watch as possible, but I tried M size and I was on the 4th loop from the watch. Do you think L may be to big for me?
My wrist is 160 mm and I use the small. I don’t see the concern over having the clasp at the bottom of my wrist as it’s caused me zero problems. I tried the medium and it felt like it left too much extra band to wrap around.

antKampino

macrumors newbie
Jan 2, 2023
My wrist is 160 mm and I use the small. I don’t see the concern over having the clasp at the bottom of my wrist as it’s caused me zero problems. I tried the medium and it felt like it left too much extra band to wrap around.
OK, so I should stick with Medium then. Large may be to large, especially if I want to make it tighter.

antKampino

macrumors newbie
Jan 2, 2023
What wrist size do you have?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.