Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

H3rman

macrumors 6502
Apr 16, 2015
Because the watch isn't released yet and the watch App Store doesn't launch until the 24th April when the watch is officially launched.

toysoldierkid

macrumors member
Feb 16, 2012
So when's opening time? Another 2 hours? That would be 12:01am Australia EST..

I hope so. Really wanna see the selection and maybe already make a list of what to download tomorrow or already download the Apps that have an extension so I am all set.

simonx314

macrumors regular
Apr 21, 2015
App Store now live

The App Store is now live. I'm browsing Apple Watch apps in the Apple Watch app on my iPhone right now.

It only shows a handful of apps right now, presumably in the future it will have all the apps, categories and search.

simonx314

macrumors regular
Apr 21, 2015
Really hoping for a starbucks app. I love walking up to the register, ordering a hot tea and scanning my wrist. Microsoft Band does this!

The "Apple Watch User Guide" is now available on apple.com. The Passbook screenshot includes a Starbucks card, and describes how you can display bar codes. I thought I read in some Apple Watch review that the reviewer used the Watch to pay for Starbucks.

http://help.apple.com/watch/?lang=en#/apd4362807a0

zane-richardson

macrumors newbie
Apr 23, 2015
So the watch App Store is now live on the watch app on my iPhone 5s

But it only shows one list of about 20 or so apps, no search feature or category breakdown. But then, I went on to it on my girlfriends 6+ and there was a huge selection of apps, different categories etc

Anyone know why???

refslady

macrumors regular
Sep 10, 2014
Thawing North
So the watch App Store is now live on the watch app on my iPhone 5s

But it only shows one list of about 20 or so apps, no search feature or category breakdown. But then, I went on to it on my girlfriends 6+ and there was a huge selection of apps, different categories etc

Anyone know why???

I have a 6 and I have a list of (like you said) about 20-25 apps - no categories. For the apps that I already have installed on my phone I have an 'OPEN' button and the others have either GET or a price.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.