Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Dtp8513

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 17, 2010
I can't seem to get my correct apple id associated with the apple watch. it's defaulting to my .me address- any ideas?

It defaulted to an apple id that i rarely use (only for icloud).

Any ideas?

Last edited:

oftheheavens

macrumors 68000
Jul 9, 2008
cherry point
I can't seem to get my correct apple id associated with the apple watch. it's defaulting to my .me address- any ideas?

It defaulted to an apple id that i rarely use (only for icloud).

Any ideas?

i thought the same thing at first as I use gmail mainly and as my iTunes account

BUT the watch doesn't care about all that, this is just for handoff and mirroring apps

Dtp8513

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 17, 2010
Its not syncing my contact names- so I figured it something to do with the wrong id

rossy100

macrumors 6502
Mar 23, 2011
Handoff works by connecting devices using the same iCloud account - hence this is the account required to setup the watch, not the iTunes account.

oftheheavens

macrumors 68000
Jul 9, 2008
cherry point
Its not syncing my contact names- so I figured it something to do with the wrong id

they will transfer over, but you can only set up a certain amount of numbers on the watch (otherwise have to use siri). The numbers you assign to the watch you assign under favorites and it will show all your contacts as options to assign.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.