Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

josephhoward669

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 16, 2019
England
I have an original apple watch- 42mm stainless steel. The battery is quite bad as of now, and i am looking to replace it. However i cannot find a battery replacement anywhere. Also the adhesive has gone bad because the screen does not stick down. I have been hunting for new adhesive and a battery with no luck. I have found parts for the series one apple watch, and series two however. Will these parts fit on my original one? If a series 1 apple watch battery will fit then I will be very happy. My speciality is fixing Iphones so I don't know what to do or where to look. Any help would be greatly appreciated- my apple watch is just collecting dust on the side as of now...

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
I have an original apple watch- 42mm stainless steel. The battery is quite bad as of now, and i am looking to replace it. However i cannot find a battery replacement anywhere. Also the adhesive has gone bad because the screen does not stick down. I have been hunting for new adhesive and a battery with no luck. I have found parts for the series one apple watch, and series two however. Will these parts fit on my original one? If a series 1 apple watch battery will fit then I will be very happy. My speciality is fixing Iphones so I don't know what to do or where to look. Any help would be greatly appreciated- my apple watch is just collecting dust on the side as of now...

If you purchase Series one Apple parts (Battery and display) for your first GEN watch, they will fit, because the dimensions are exactly the same. I don’t see any reason why the Series one display wouldn’t work if you properly attach the ribbons to this display. As for the adhesive, I know other members have used a ‘very strong glue’ that you can purchase from a store, but I would make sure it’s a clear type of adhesive.

I believe the Series 2 battery is slightly larger over the Series 1, that likely will not fit.

But honestly if it was me, why waste your money on a battery and display, chancing if this repair may or may not work properly, when you likely could purchase a Series 2 Apple Watch in ‘good condition’ for a used price.

Last edited:
Reactions: StumpyBloke

StumpyBloke

macrumors 603
Apr 21, 2012
England
But honestly if it was me, why waste your money on a battery and display, chancing if this repair may or may not work properly, when you likely could purchase a Series 2 Apple Watch in ‘good condition’ for a used price.

This ^^^^.

Don’t waste your time. If it works it will still be slow beyond use and won’t support watchOS 5.

Reactions: oeagleo

josephhoward669

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 16, 2019
England
If you purchase Series one Apple parts (Battery and display) for your first GEN watch, they will fit, because the dimensions are exactly the same. I don’t see any reason why the Series one display wouldn’t work if you properly attach the ribbons to this display. As for the adhesive, I know other members have used a ‘very strong glue’ that you can purchase from a store, but I would make sure it’s a clear type of adhesive.

I believe the Series 2 battery is slightly larger over the Series 1, that likely will not fit.

Ok. Thank you. Looks like its time for an upgrade! ;) Much appreciated!
[doublepost=1555521283][/doublepost]
This ^^^^.

Don’t waste your time. If it works it will still be slow beyond use and won’t support watchOS 5.
Sad...but true. Still looks nice tho. Will look at upgrading very soon. Thank you.

Reactions: StumpyBloke
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.