Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

geepondy

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 5, 2013
In about 18 months of use, my Apple watch 7 battery life is down to 88 percent. One would surmise in about a year's time, it will drop below 80 percent. My iphone's battery typically didn't drop that fast, in fact iphone 14 pro, owned since September is still at 100 percent. I hope there is a methodology in place to replace the watch battery. Unless the watch 9 blows the doors off the watch 8, I have no desire to upgrade.

jz0309

Contributor
Sep 25, 2018
SoCal
In about 18 months of use, my Apple watch 7 battery life is down to 88 percent. One would surmise in about a year's time, it will drop below 80 percent. My iphone's battery typically didn't drop that fast, in fact iphone 14 pro, owned since September is still at 100 percent. I hope there is a methodology in place to replace the watch battery. Unless the watch 9 blows the doors off the watch 8, I have no desire to upgrade.
discussed here
Applewatch @ 88% life after a year
here
Battery at 98% after a month
and there are plenty more threads

it is what it is. Obsessing over it, your choice ...
My choice: I always get AC+ for my AWs and don't worry about battery health - YMMV

Head_Unit

macrumors newbie
May 12, 2020
oh I thought this was about the battery dying off quickly like in the same DAY. Maybe I need to learn how to quit apps...I honestly just use the Watch a friend gave me to run AirPod Pros for music while running or at the gym, and Pedometer+ that's it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.