Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

doublex14

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 25, 2014
PA
A few days ago I decided to download the iOS 9 beta onto my daily driver (iPhone 6). I've been hesitant to download this year's beta due to my unluckiness last year. (I've gotten every beta since iOS 6 and last year I was plagued with a battery bug and couldn't get rid of it no matter what iOS I was on) So I updated my phone from 8.4 to 9B5 and right after, I can't connect my Apple Watch to it. On the watch it says "connected" in glances, but doesn't load the weather on the watch face and when I go into the watch app on my phone, I get a notification that says "Can't connect to Apple Watch" Any suggestions on what to do?

Also: As me being the stupid person that I am, My watch's UDID isn't registered yet because I forgot to when I got the watch, and you have to have it connected to your phone to registered it, and it won't connect.

TheGreenBastard

macrumors 6502
Nov 1, 2012
Halifax
Un-pair the watch and phone and re-pair. Restore from backup and it should be fixed.

And your Watch's UDID has nothing to do with working with iOS 9 on your phone.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.