Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Piggie

macrumors G3
Feb 23, 2010
Will admit.

I'm just amazed anyone in their right mind would actually pay $60 - $80 for a piece of shaped wood with a few cut outs and a suction cup.

My in-built 'Im Being Ripped Off O-meter' would be glowing red hot on this product.

dec.

Suspended
Apr 15, 2012
Toronto
Will admit.

I'm just amazed anyone in their right mind would actually pay $60 - $80 for a piece of shaped wood with a few cut outs and a suction cup.

My in-built 'Im Being Ripped Off O-meter' would be glowing red hot on this product.

People with the money and the like for the "wood design" sure won't hurt over that, I'd think. Also it's easy to say "a few cut outs", but once you actually consider the work that it takes to give a piece of wood with those cut outs and bevels etc. a professional finish, it's not that easy, especially as it's not really mass production either.

Dave245

macrumors G3
Sep 15, 2013
I think Apple will probably be making their own stand for the :apple: Watch, if i remember right there was a rumour that the Watch Edition will come with a stand from Apple themselves.

Gav2k

macrumors G3
Jul 24, 2009
I think Apple will probably be making their own stand for the :apple: Watch, if i remember right there was a rumour that the Watch Edition will come with a stand from Apple themselves.

Correct but not a stand it's the box

Well first of all it's a bit more than that. I mean it has the built in induction charging of course. And secondly...

Iit is nothing compared to what we will likely pay for two steel apple watches and a few bands.

This is the killer. No one knows what the final price of the watch will be but the edition collection will likely be in the thousands. A $60-$80 accessory for your $3,000 watch doesn't sound too crazy (Yes, to many people a $3,000 watch sounds crazy, but that's another story).

If and when I ever get an Apple watch, I think I would prefer to have some sort of a display stand/dock like this. I'm sure many different kinds/styles will be released.

Julien

macrumors G4
Jun 30, 2007
Atlanta
Well first of all it's a bit more than that. I mean it has the built in induction charging of course. And secondly...

This is the killer. No one knows what the final price of the watch will be but the edition collection will likely be in the thousands. A $60-$80 accessory for your $3,000 watch doesn't sound too crazy (Yes, to many people a $3,000 watch sounds crazy, but that's another story).

If and when I ever get an Apple watch, I think I would prefer to have some sort of a display stand/dock like this. I'm sure many different kinds/styles will be released.
1: It doesn't have "built in induction". You use your Apple supplied charger mounted in the stand.

2: The Edition is going to come with a nice stand built into or out of the included leather case.

3: I would wait until closer to launch since will see dozens of stands.

ScreenShot2014-12-30at104521AM_zps144401d2.jpg

ScreenShot2014-12-30at104551AM_zps3b46b704.jpg

ScreenShot2014-12-30at104531AM_zps7357efdf.jpg

lupend88

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 13, 2010
^^^ Great point, I'd love to see a stand that looks like it was made by Apple, even if they don't make one themselves.

Lloydbm41

Suspended
Oct 17, 2013
Central California

LOL. Me thinks you don't know what Induction Charging is.

As for $60-$80 for this, this is ridiculous. Reclaimed orchard walnut actually means that the wood is free. When the walnuts are pulled from the trees, the trees are pulled up and piled in the field for burning, woodchipping, etc. Nothing special and very cheap to get. There are several tons of orchard walnut wood sitting in the fields right now here in central California.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.