Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Is anyone else apple watch dying at around 50%

• Yes

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • No

Votes: 11 91.7%

• Total voters

saksham vijan

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 8, 2019
My apple watch from the last days is dying at around 50-60% and then I have to charge it again to 50% to use it.Is this because of the latest software update(watchOS 5.2.1) or Is there any hardware issue.?
Anybody else facing the same issue after updating.?

new pants

macrumors newbie
Jun 9, 2019
Yes, this is happening to me, 4 times in the past couple months. No warning or anything, the only way I know it's dead is when I go to use it and there is nothing. Version 4 with latest software. Extremely irritating. I'm going to have to make a visit to the Genius Bar. Hate going there, such a time sink!

BigMcGuire

Cancelled
Jan 10, 2012
Shouldn't be happening. I just tested my AW 3 last night. My watch lasted 2 days and died at 1%. I actually had to use the flashlight to drain it from 11% to 0% because I was going to bed. lol.

Reactions: Newtons Apple

dotzero123

macrumors 6502a
Sep 3, 2018
Philadelphia Suburbs
My watch sporadically has been going to 0 battery during my morning runs. Start run on full battery but get some weirdness w/ songs playing/flipping than dead. This usually happens after about 3/4-1 hour into my exercise. Took to Genius Bar today and it happened when they were running the diagnostics. They are sending back to Apple. I'm not sure how I'm going to go without my watch until it gets home! I have to say that it was good to have the chance to meet w/ a technician in person to run through the options and process sending it back. I'm so addicted to the thing I feel like I'm missing an appendage.

Reactions: BigMcGuire
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.