Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Skeptical.me

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 10, 2017
Australia
In this article https://ibb.co/KWTwzcC it states that the ECG functionality may soon be available in Australia.

If you're an Aussie we've been waiting for this to be available on our Apple Watch.

Unfortunately, there has been no advertising from Apple to state this functionality isn't available (although that may have changed since I purchased mine). In fact the Ads I've seen advertise the ECG function. So there have been many disappointed customers, but if this news is true then that would be awesome.

Could anyone confirm what this article suggests?

robfoll

Contributor
Mar 22, 2020
Is it Apple or the obstructive Australian medical regulators? FFS if NZ is OK why not Australia?

bluegt

macrumors 6502
Jul 3, 2015
?You guys better put pressure on your regulators... is SpO2 available there?

mavis

macrumors 601
Jul 30, 2007
Tokyo, Japan
I bloody hope so. I bought my Apple Watch 4 for the ECG function and I haven't been able to use it in Australia. How can Apple get away with advertising this function when they know damn well it isn't functioning in Australia.
What are you talking about? Apple doesn't advertise the ECG function in Australia, nor do they advertise it in Japan.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.