Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Jay-Jacob

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 10, 2015
England
Hi

I want check something cos I am not too sure and can’t find info online to confirm or whatever.

As far I know if heart rate monitor is on and use workout app on Apple Watch and it will continually monitor your heart.

What I don’t know is if I use iPhone app to exercise for example HIIT (wearing watch doing exercise) will Apple Watch continually monitor heart rate or not?

I am new to Apple Watch and learning how use it and understand how it works.

Thanks.

Jay-Jacob

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 10, 2015
England
Reason I am asking cos heart rate monitor can use up lot of battery and if your type do lot of exercise say switch off during workouts. I wasn’t too sure what happen if using iPhone exercise app instead of Apple watch workout app.

matrix07

macrumors G3
Jun 24, 2010
Reason I am asking cos heart rate monitor can use up lot of battery and if your type do lot of exercise say switch off during workouts. I wasn’t too sure what happen if using iPhone exercise app instead of Apple watch workout app.

It will do what it always does, monitor your heart rate at a normal rate because it doesn’t know you’re exercising.

Reactions: Jay-Jacob
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.