Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

RAJESHWAR

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 26, 2018
INDIA
Hi,
I have Apple Mac Pro 2012 and Apple Watch series 1. Auto Unlock feature when we bring Apple Watch closer to Mac is missing. I googled and I found it works after 2013 model only. Is there any way that it can work.

Partridge

macrumors 6502
Jul 28, 2007
Go onto the Mac Pro forum.

I have a 2010 Mac Pro (5,1) and I can unlock my mac with my original (series 0) as well as my series 4.

The bluetooth card in your mac does not support it. It requires changing out the WiFi/Bluetooth card for a more recent version that supports the necessary protocols, and doing a few terminal commands to hack support for Continuity and Handoff into the system.

It's possible.

jt_69.V

macrumors newbie
Oct 11, 2015
France
It requires changing out the WiFi/Bluetooth card for a more recent version that supports the necessary protocols, and doing a few terminal commands to hack support for Continuity and Handoff into the system.
It's possible.
Can you please tell what are these commands ?

Mikeeee

macrumors 6502a
Sep 27, 2017
Hi,
I have Apple Mac Pro 2012 and Apple Watch series 1. Auto Unlock feature when we bring Apple Watch closer to Mac is missing. I googled and I found it works after 2013 model only. Is there any way that it can work.

I don't know the difference in technical specifications but my 2013 Mac Book Pro unlocks fine with Series 3 and Series 4.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.