Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

frosty18

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 10, 2018
Pennsylvania, United States
I currently have a 42mm space gray Series 1 Apple Watch. I desperately want a series 4 but I want to sell mine on eBay first. How much do you think I could get for it. It’s fully functional except for the rubber gasket in the crown came out so it might not be water proof anymore. Also the screen is very scratched up. I hope to get around $100. I also have a woven nylon band and the original box.

Dormammu

macrumors 65816
I currently have a 42mm space gray Series 1 Apple Watch. I desperately want a series 4 but I want to sell mine on eBay first. How much do you think I could get for it. It’s fully functional except for the rubber gasket in the crown came out so it might not be water proof anymore. Also the screen is very scratched up. I hope to get around $100. I also have a woven nylon band and the original box.

I think $100 is reasonable. I’d be curious to see what others chime in with.

Reactions: frosty18

sh0ebox

macrumors member
Mar 3, 2011
You might be able to get $100 depending on how scratched up the screen is.

I'm in the same boat as you and am looking to sell my watch + bands since I'll be downsizing to 40mm. Best of luck!

Reactions: frosty18

frosty18

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 10, 2018
You might be able to get $100 depending on how scratched up the screen is.

I'm in the same boat as you and am looking to sell my watch + bands since I'll be downsizing to 40mm. Best of luck!
I tried to insert a pic but it gave me a security error I'll try again though (there should be a pdf). I also don't know which size to get. I did the actual size thing on the Apple Store app and the 44 looks a little too big

Attachments

• IMG_5709.pdf
    21.1 KB · Views: 314

sh0ebox

macrumors member
Mar 3, 2011
I tried to insert a pic but it gave me a security error I'll try again though (there should be a pdf). I also don't know which size to get. I did the actual size thing on the Apple Store app and the 44 looks a little too big

Hmm yeah it's not horrible so I think you might be able to fetch about $100 on eBay. Looks like many have been selling for around $130-160. Honestly that's more than I was expecting. I initially thought I'd be lucky to get $150-160 for mine which would include an extra sport loop, two leather straps ($60 each), two third party sport bands, a Clockwork Synergy nylon band, and a third party Milanese loop. Perhaps I can be more optimistic now!

frosty18

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 10, 2018
Hmm yeah it's not horrible so I think you might be able to fetch about $100 on eBay. Looks like many have been selling for around $130-160. Honestly that's more than I was expecting. I initially thought I'd be lucky to get $150-160 for mine which would include an extra sport loop, two leather straps ($60 each), two third party sport bands, a Clockwork Synergy nylon band, and a third party Milanese loop. Perhaps I can be more optimistic now!
I've sold lots of stuff on eBay before, especially Apple products. Always be optimistic and start a little high. Definitely take good pictures. Many people just take 3 pictures in awful lighting. Good pictures can really help get more money. Also be straight up and tell people whats wrong with the product and write a good description telling people when you bought it and even why you're selling it. Good luck and Thank You! I might try to do a buy it now of $120 and start bids at $90 for mine.

Reactions: sh0ebox

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016

My opinion, you should consider Swappa, it’s a more tech oriented website, and you will find more Apple enthusiast on a site like that. EBay, to me, there’s way too much fraud involved with Apple products on that site. But For more accurate pricing of what you’re looking to sell, definitely look at Swappa for reference.

Reactions: Jabar18

PhillyGuy72

macrumors 68040
Sep 13, 2014
Philadelphia, PA USA
ALL I CAN SAY DO NOT...NOT DO THE APPLE GIVE BACK FOR SERIES 1. Trade in value for a S1, GOOD condition Apple Sport 42mm is $25 measly bucks. Swappa, Decuttr, Ebay or maybe Facebook Marketplace perhaps, Basically anything will get you a lot more money than the insulting Apple Give Back - That won't even cover the state tax of the new watch in some states, cities.

magbarn

macrumors 68030
Oct 25, 2008
ALL I CAN SAY DO NOT...NOT DO THE APPLE GIVE BACK FOR SERIES 1. Trade in value for a S1, GOOD condition Apple Sport 42mm is $25 measly bucks. Swappa, Decuttr, Ebay or maybe Facebook Marketplace perhaps, Basically anything will get you a lot more money than the insulting Apple Give Back - That won't even cover the state tax of the new watch in some states, cities.
Suspringly the S3 SS 42mm on Apple give back is pretty decent as it gives you $250 without needing the band or charger. You can only get $300-$350 now for it and after ebay highway robbery fees, you're not really ahead with a chacge of the buyer ripping you off, it's not worth it!

cnev3

macrumors 6502
Sep 13, 2012
On eBay, go to the search bar and click on advanced options, do a search for your model, and click on sold items. Then you can see what your model sold for. The prices can vary significantly between very identical models, so average them out.

As someone whos sold on eBay for 18 years, there’s one thing I would stress: Pictures are hugely important. Your item will sell for more with good quality pics. No flash, nicely cropped, in focus, lighting and contrast set right, good angles.

Also, describe everything it comes with, box, charger, any accessories. And accurately and fairly describe the condition, since buyers are very particular about this when it comes to Apple products. You’ll avoid potential returns.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.