Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

enrincon89

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 30, 2014
AAAFC1FE-0265-4A23-8A9A-B0995DA9656A.jpeg
hi there, has anyone experienced this?
I’m out of warranty. You think Apple will replace this for a fee or free ?

Lennyvalentin

macrumors 65816
Apr 25, 2011
I’m out of warranty. You think Apple will replace this for a fee or free ?
You're in luck... Apple extended warranty on series 2 watch batteries for just this reason.

Anyway, creepy that the battery actually manages to crack a sapphire screen from within. That should take some amount of force methinks.

bruinsrme

macrumors 604
Oct 26, 2008
Is that a chip in the screen on the left hand corner?

If so unless the battery is swollen it may be considered accidental damage.

Ultimately the depot will determine the coverage.

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
Is that a chip in the screen on the left hand corner?

If so unless the battery is swollen it may be considered accidental damage.

Ultimately the depot will determine the coverage.

I enlarged the photo and cropped the angle, its really difficult to tell from that specific angle if its a partial reflection or damage. Even if it is a chip out of the display and _if_ determines its a swollen battery, I doubt they will use accidental damage against the OP, especially given the extended warranty. If there was more significant damage, then I would see Apple raising the issue.

Bozley0621

macrumors 6502
Mar 25, 2009
My screen popped off on Saturday when I bumped it against a bench. The screen still worked, but was flopping around. This watch was a warranty replacement, but the original warranty ended in August and the replacement warranty ended in September. Apple wanted $249 to replace it - not repair it. I opted to take it to a third-party repair service for $45. I should have it back tomorrow.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.