Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Boonub

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 22, 2018
Hey, I came across strange issue this morning. The screen on the watch became unresponsive and would not turn on. Tried pressing any button, but no joy. I checked my phone and it showed the watch had 35% battery, and bluetooth connection still connected to the watch.

Only solution I found was a hard reset, pressing crown and side button together until apple logo appears.
Working as normal again, but I'll keep an eye on it ..

Anybody else experience a similar issue.

Apple Watch Series 4 - GPS / Aluminium.

BrettDS

macrumors 65816
Nov 14, 2012
Orlando
I don’t think that term means what you think it means. But that said, I have had a few cases in the past where my watch locked up and needed to be restarted as yours did. It hasn’t happened to my S4 watch yet, but as long as it doesn’t happen frequently I wouldn’t worry about it. I’ve owned an Apple Watch since the S0 launch day and I could probably count on one hand the number of times my watch has locked up like that.

Boonub

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 22, 2018
I don’t think that term means what you think it means. But that said, I have had a few cases in the past where my watch locked up and needed to be restarted as yours did. It hasn’t happened to my S4 watch yet, but as long as it doesn’t happen frequently I wouldn’t worry about it. I’ve owned an Apple Watch since the S0 launch day and I could probably count on one hand the number of times my watch has locked up like that.

Hi appreciate the comments. I've had a Series 1 watch since the beginning and never had this issue, which seemed strange to me. With regards to the phrase 'Black screen of death' felt appropriate.. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.