Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Willie16

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 5, 2018
Will Bands that fitted the Apple Watch Series 4 also fit the new Series 5?

JonMPLS

macrumors 68000
May 23, 2010
MN
Glad they work. I have more in bands that I do in my watch! Skipped the 4, but will order one of the 5s soon.

By the way, this is from the Apple site: "You can match this band with any Apple Watch Series 5 case of the same size. It also works with all previous versions of Apple Watch, including Apple Watch Series 3. The 40mm band works with the 38mm case; the 44mm band works with the 42mm case."

ZebraDude

macrumors 65816
Sep 7, 2014
Naperville, IL
well......are you thinking Apple bands or third party? Apple totally compatible.

I am a big fan of the JUUK design bands and their aluminum bands that they made for Series 0 through Series 3 would not fit into Series 4 Apple Watches (crushed me as I loved them).

Reactions: Willie16

supertomtom

macrumors 6502a
Sep 21, 2007
Gold Coast, Australia
well......are you thinking Apple bands or third party? Apple totally compatible.

I am a big fan of the JUUK design bands and their aluminum bands that they made for Series 0 through Series 3 would not fit into Series 4 Apple Watches (crushed me as I loved them).

I was able to pay for the S4/5 compatible lugs (+ shipping) for my JUUK bands when S4 first came out. Might be worthwhile asking them.

Reactions: ZebraDude and CarlJ

deeddawg

macrumors G5
Jun 14, 2010
US
Mine didn’t :(
With no other info provided, this is unhelpful at best.

Worse, it's likely to cause undue concern to others. Sowing FUD where it's not needed.

Please clarify with:
  • What specific band did you find which did not work?
  • Who made it and where did you get it from?
  • Which watch were you using it with previously
  • Which Series5 did you find it didn't work on?
This sort of info would be helpful to other folks since pretty much any bands for the S0-4 should work with the S5.

Last edited:

ZebraDude

macrumors 65816
Sep 7, 2014
Naperville, IL
I was able to pay for the S4/5 compatible lugs (+ shipping) for my JUUK bands when S4 first came out. Might be worthwhile asking them.

Thanks for reminding me. I have the ruby red, cosmic gray and rainbow and they are sitting in their boxes. I reached out too Eugene to purchase the lugs.

xraydoc

Contributor
Oct 9, 2005
I'm using all the bands I bought for my original ("series 0") Apple Watch on my Series 5, including the original link bracelet (which still looks great!), original gen 1 Milanese loop and woven nylon bands (which they don't make any more).

Post #2, I presume, was trying to be funny.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.