Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacMastermind

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 16, 2023
Cupertino
Hey MacRumors community!

I recently got myself a new Apple Watch strap (Blue Alpine Loop), and I've been enjoying it quite a bit. However, I've noticed a little snag – the threads on the strap seem to be coming loose more quickly than I expected. 🧵

Before jumping to any conclusions, I wanted to reach out to this fantastic community to see if anyone else has encountered a similar problem. 🤔

Here are a few things I'd love to know:

1. Have any of you experienced loose threads on your Apple Watch straps?
2. If so, did you find a solution to fix or prevent it?
3. Are there any particular brands or models of straps that seem more prone to this issue?

I'm hoping to gather some insights and recommendations from your experiences. It would be great to find a way to extend the lifespan of these beautiful watch bands.

Let's share our knowledge and keep our Apple Watches looking sharp! ⌚💬

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    660.4 KB · Views: 94
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    468 KB · Views: 37

newellj

macrumors G3
Oct 15, 2014
East of Eden
Good result, hope the solves the problem. The Alpine Loop bands are different from last year's version so I don't have any personal experience to speak from. The 2023 Alpine Loop bands appear to be made from a new fabric (new materials and possibly a new process). The 2023 bands are also a good bit more stretchy than the 2022 bands. I hope they will fare better than the FineWoven cases seem to be doing.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.